Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Which Sandals in St Lucia?

So, I know that there are 3 different Sandals resorts in St Lucia.  Does anyone have any info on comparisons?  Any opinions on which one is best?

Thanks!

Re: Which Sandals in St Lucia?

• Options
    Grande!

Review and pics in link above my siggy pic.
  • Options
    We stayed at the Regency La Toc.  It was beautiful.  Whichever resort you choose, I strongly recommend a butler suite.

This is the room we stayed in: (its the second one down)  Sunset Ocean Bluff 2 story villa with the private pool and 2 butlers.

http://www.sandals.com/main/lucia/lu-accommodations.cfm
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    We also stayed at the La Toc, but we didn't have a butler.  It was pretty there and had a lot of good restaurants.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Options
    Regency La Toc definitely has the best restaurants and it's between the other 2 resorts.  I only visited the Grande a few times during our stay, but I'm glad I spend the majority of my honeymoon at the Regency.  It had a more relaxed and couples-oriented atmosphere, but that was also almost 3 years ago.
  • Options
    Regency or Grande are both excellent and are more updated than the Halcyon and have more restuarants. I went last May for my MOH's wedding and wished we had spent the extra money to stay at either Grande or Regency.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I've been reading alot of complaints about overcrowding when it came to reserving a pool chair and at the restaurants.  Did you guys experience any of this?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_sandals-st-lucia-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:eb18caf9-6de0-4319-9a0d-1da60afae1e0Post:9c8631ef-d679-4b48-bd64-7dc7720c5572">Re: Which Sandals in St Lucia?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been reading alot of complaints about overcrowding when it came to reserving a pool chair and at the restaurants.  Did you guys experience any of this?
    Posted by HippieMommy[/QUOTE]

Not at all.  Our butlers took care of all the reservations.  And pool chairs were fine.  There are 5 or 6 different pools at the Regency La Toc so if the main pool is too crowded there are plenty of others.  But the main pool was never too crowded.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_sandals-st-lucia-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:eb18caf9-6de0-4319-9a0d-1da60afae1e0Post:9c8631ef-d679-4b48-bd64-7dc7720c5572">Re: Which Sandals in St Lucia?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been reading alot of complaints about overcrowding when it came to reserving a pool chair and at the restaurants.  Did you guys experience any of this?
    Posted by HippieMommy[/QUOTE]

When we went, we had a problem with this.  It was way too crowded at the main pool.  People would reserve chairs at the beginning of the day (by leaving their stuff in them) but wouldn't even use them until later in the day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Options
    We stayed at the Regency.  Had a blast! We took a shuttle to the Grand and to Halcyon...I'd highly suggest staying away from Halcyon unless you want a super quiet relaxed and relatively unsocial honeymoon.  The Regency (la toc) had a ton of honeymooners and a lot to do during the day and you got a lot of bang for your buck! The Grand was a bit more expensive.  All 3 of the hotels offer the butler service and have the private plunge pools if you are willing to spend the extra money!! I would suggest the Regency or The Grand!! Really depends on your budget I think is how I would end up deciding if I were you! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards