Florida-South Florida
Options

Is a Wedding Budget of $5,000 doable in South Florida?

Hi, I truly do want an extravagant wedding... Who doesn't? But, I don't think that $15,000 needs to be dashed out on one day. I am having trouble finding the right venue and I refuse to do the banquet hall route. I want it inexpensive but I dont want it to look cheap and tacky. Does anyone have any creative tips and ideas or maybe a venue you can recommend to me? The good thing is that we have alot of connections in photography, cake, lighting, printing and singing/playing. So we will save alot of money there but we need a location that is flexible and will allows us to bring in our people for this stuff. Any suggestions? It is a short engagement. We just started planning and want to get married in April! Help! 

Re: Is a Wedding Budget of $5,000 doable in South Florida?

• Options
    lizzied82lizzied82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look into parks and public places for your ceremony and reception. Restaurants are also your friend and generally less expensive than banquet halls or places that have weddings every single weekend. 

Where in S. Florida are you looking? You have a lot of GREAT connections all ready. Also there's a "budget brides" board you should check out. The girls over there may not be form FL, but they have a lot of creative ideas. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    orianita3orianita3 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

How many people are planning to have? This will play a HUGE factor in your price.
    Also, if you're willing to do a Sunday morning or even Friday night wedding that might help as well. However, your 5k budget doesn't mean a thing if you don't specify how many people you plan to have. 5k for 20 people = tons of money, 5k for 100 people = maybe not enough....

• Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can absolutely have a beautiful wedding on $5k.

Like Liz mentioned, start looking at parks and public locations for your venue. Restaurants may be a good option as well.

DIY till the cows come home (of course, after you determine that you'll save money by DIYing).

Prioritize what you want, choose in-season flowers, cut down on your guest list, don't have an open bar, opt for an iPod doc instead of a DJ, etc.

Definitely chat with the girls on the budget board. They are incredible!

What part of SoFla are you looking to get married in?

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    SunriseAmberSunriseAmber member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to get married on the beach in Naples - our guest list is 50 people.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you live in Sofla? Or know people? My brother used an area in a friends condo building on the beach so all that was required was a deposit that was returned afterwards. Worked out really well!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I live in homestead, fl. My guest list is at 117ppl but Im sure after RSVPs would be 100ppl. I just found out The Islander Resort is $3500 for both ceremony and reception for 150 ppl. Thats pretty good. The Hotel=Ugly but the property for an outdoor wedding=Beautiful. I originally didnt want a beach wedding. Its a bit too casual for my taste. I was thinking maybe having the ceremony at a local church which is beautiful and allows his father to marry us and then go somewhere else for the reception. Im also looking at the Shane Center for the reception but they have yet to send me pricing? What do you girls think?
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Having your ceremony at a church and then moving somewhere else is a great idea.

Typically, churches don't have fees and if they do, they are usually affordable or donation based. This is a great option for budgets!

The Shane Center looks like a great option-- it will allow for plenty of DIY and customization. The difficulty here will be finding affordable vendors! There are plenty out there, you'll just need to do your homework and ask us for suggestions!

You're off to a great start!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards