Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Help us choose between 2 cruises

FI and I are down to 2 honeymoon options, both cruises. Option 1 is a 7 day leaving 2 days after our wedding going to Cozumel, Belize, Honduras, and Grand Cayman. Option 2 is an 8 day leaving the day after our wedding going to Cozumel, Costa Rica, and Panama. Option 2 is $100 more per person than #1. Both are on Carnival. We are pretty much at a coin flip. Anyone been to any of these ports (other than Cozumel, we've been there) or done these actual cruises?

Re: Help us choose between 2 cruises

• Options
    I voted for option one only because it's 2 days after your wedding instead of day after.  I'm thinking that will either give you an extra day to relax or travel!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I don't know if the extra day is worth $100, since it is probably spend sailing- those locations are further apart. Have you looked on Trip Advisor? To see reviews of those ports/cruises? It might help make your decision.
  • Options

I chose option 1 for 2 reasons. First, b/c it visits more ports and seems more exciting. 2nd b/c it leaves 2 days after your wedding. Cruise lines always recommend you be in town the day before the cruise leaves. So, depending on where you are located in relation to what city the cruise line departs from, that could make a big difference. Good luck :)

• Options
    i chose #1, better ports. if i go all the way to panama i want to go THROUGH the canal-not just up to it.
    i also agree-2 days after wedding is much easier to handle.

• Options
    also the website for cruises is cruisecritic.com

• Options
    i chose number 1. i have been to the first three of those ports and they were all amazing (we held wild monkeys in honduras! :) ) also it has less days at sea, which lets face it, id rather be at a port than on the ship. also, i think having a one day buffer in between the wedding and the cruise is a very good idea.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I voted for #1 for you because it's two days after your wedding.  You'll still be recouperating, maybe packing and saying goodbyes to out of town guests the next day.  I've been on a cruise with those exact port stops on a different line, loved it, especially Hondorus.  I didn't do the excursion where you meet the monkeys and zipline but I recently read about it and it gets excellent reviews.  If you are leaving out of Miami take the extra 200$ you would have spent on cruise #2 and get a nice hotel in downtown and go out to a cool restaurant for dinner, then you're right at the port and ready to go on cruise day!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I voted #1.... i love that itinerary. We were going to do this one for our honeymoon, but the dates didnt work out... so we did one out of Puerto Rico instead.

I would not want to have any days at sea and it seems that #2 would.

Let us know which you choose!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards