Florida-South Florida
Options

An old knottie needs help...wedding?'s!

Hi Ladies....well I am an old knottie, its been 4 yrs since my wedding, and almost that long since I have been back on these boards!  Its soo nice to be back.  My wedding planning was sooooo fun!  Enjoy it ladies cause it all flies by!  I am going on my 5th year of marriage and about to celebrates my son's 1st b day!  Anyways, enough about me!  I am back because my sister just got engaged.  We are all so excited.  My first rec was to join the board, which she did, however she is soooo swamped with work since she just opened up a boutique in the south miami area, that she has not had time for chatting or posting anything.  I am trying to assist her.  The most she has done is book the church, St. Francis in Miami Beach and the date is 6/19/2010.  What receptions recs do you all have....she is between The Viceroy in Brickell, Miami Beach resort, Miami Beach Botanical Garden....any other ideas?  Dont know if there are any new places for reception sites than the ones I am familiar with since my wedding.  Hope you all can help!Alexest 02.26.05

Re: An old knottie needs help...wedding?'s!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Im a St. Francis bride doing Douglas Entrace.  A good suggestion for St. Francis is Jungle Island, a knottie fav!  HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wish restaurant with the rooftop pool...www.wishrestaurant.comFutureMrsB had her reception there. Page her for more info...HTH
  • Options
    oyepoohoyepooh member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Other than the ones you mentioned in your op:Jungle Island (get the PrimeCard for the 20% discount)The Shane Center on Miami Beach Doubletree Grand on Biscayne BayMarriott Biscayne BayThe Epic Hotel (new hotel that everyone's raving about)Hotel Intercontinental
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i am using the Miami Beach Botanical gardens and i am very happy so far. However i'm not sure i would recommend them for your sister's wedding. The gardens is mostly an outdoor venue and i would be afraid to chance it in june as it is the rainy season. Plus depending on where your guests are coming from june is very warm for an outdoor venue and they might be uncomfortable in the heat. HTH
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards