Honeymoon Discussions

On a BUDGET and need help...

Me and my fiance really need some help on deciding on honeymoon. We both reside on Texas, and our first idea was New Mexico. I have been to a lot of places in New Mexico and it is beautiful there. We aren't really outdoors people thought. I don't mind it, and really doing anything with my love would be fun I need some more ideas that ill be cheap, like the cheapest they get. The other idea I had was a cruise. My parents took me on a cruise when I was 16 and I loved it. If we went on a cruise it would have to be Carnival because of all the stuff that is included in the price. Food for one and most of the on boat activities. is cheaper than staying in a hotel and paying for food, hotel, and excursions. But even then a cruise is on the expensive side. I am a very bargained shopper and I will not spend a lot of money. I fell guilty when i spend money. When I go shopping the only thing i look at is clearance. So that gives you an idea of how DIRT cheap I am. PLEASE if anyone know of anywhere that is equally beautiful, fun, and cheap let me know!!!

Re: On a BUDGET and need help...

• Everyone has a different idea of what budget and expensive means. What are you comfortable spending on this trip?

• Yes, truly talk to us about budget.

Domestically, I'd look into Vegas if that intrigues you at all. Obviously, you don't have to gamble to go there.
  • All of the things included in your Carnival cruise are included by most every other line.  Don't limit yourself to a line that is having soooo many mechanical problems right now.  Cruises are also cheap right now b/c so many are shying away from them due to all the bad Carnival publicity. 
  • Look into Norwegian cruises too - almost every major cruise line includes your room and food (not alcohol). Check out vacationstogo.com. That's the site I've used to book my cruises. You need to sign up to see the prices.
  • Yes ditto vacationstogo.  If you're as cheap as me (sounds like you are, but not many people are lol) then wait until you are 90 days out, and pick the lowest priced cruise on vacationstogo's 90-day ticker.  Stay in the inside cabin room.  Give yourself one small excursion splurge - for me, it would be the lowest-priced snorkling trip they offer - and limit yourself to no more than 1-2 alcoholic drinks per person per day.  Those will be charged to your room, because alcohol is not included. When you get to the islands just have fun exploring on your own - don't book expensive tours.  And if you want a spa treatment, wait until you are on board and can get discounts.  I think it's worth a few splurges on your honeymoon, but there are ways to do them for cheap.

Also don't forget to budget for tips.  Bring that with you in cash to have on hand at the end of the cruise.

PPs are correct - virtually all cruise lines include the same things, some are just nicer than others.  General belief is that carnival is on the lowest end - the other cruise lines are generally nicer, and if their prices are competitive to carnival I think it's worth an upgrade.  But that's just me.  Despite the recent mechanical incidents with Carnival, the vast majority of guests have a great time on their cruises through them, and you really can get the best prices ever right now because so many people have "jumped ship" (I know, I know - pun intended) and refuse to cruise with them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_on-a-budget-and-need-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:faa571a6-f2a8-40cf-afdd-ae8d57f7b638Post:35a9c29a-ca78-4908-9044-fe197ac493fe">Re: On a BUDGET and need help...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, truly talk to us about budget. Domestically, I'd look into Vegas if that intrigues you at all. Obviously, you don't have to gamble to go there.
    Posted by Smooch711[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with vegas. It is SUPER cheap. This week I booked a four day trip for me and my husband including flights and hotel for $430.......
  • Have you checked out Groupon or Livingsocial?  I bought our honeymoon cruise on Groupon for $200 and it was a 2 night, 3 day Bahama cruise for two...after taxes and gratuity, I think I spent just under $400.  They have lots of getaways on there and some are local.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards