Florida-South Florida

Who are you tipping?

I've heard the rule is to tip any vendor that doesn't own the company. All of my vendors own the business. I don't want to get out of control in tipping but I'd like to tip my DOC and maybe the officiant. What about you?

Re: Who are you tipping?

• zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I'm confused on this one too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • muddiliciousmuddilicious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My  DOC karla just posted this, and I thought it was really helpful.http://stylish-events.blogspot.com/2009/09/q-which-vendors-should-i-tip.html
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting, Jenise.  Now I wonder, if you provide your vendors (DJ and photog) with a meal during your wedding, as in, they aren't paying for their meal, you are, even if it's just a sandwich meal, would that count as a tip?  Heheh . . . I just don't think I can convince FI to tip any one . . !
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You are very welcome.  From everything I have heard, vendors (like DJ, DOC, photo/video) want, and expect, a hot meal at minimum.  Your venue/caterer should have a reduced price for vendor meals.  If there is one thing they dislike is a cold sandwich for dinner.  HTH
  • edited December 2011
    It does! 
  • zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whoops, guess they will be getting a cold sandwich and a tip! =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tazdvl3tazdvl3 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely give them a meal. I tipped the following: • DOC • Ceremony Musician • Officiant • DJ • Hair/MU
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ah, just don't tell them ahead of time.So we tipped on top of our 20% "service charge":DJ - $50-100Bartender - on top of the service charge, he got tips from my mom and DH and tips from our guests (he was that good)DOC and Photo/Video (we won them, but tipped them very well)Limo (was auto. included in invoice) - 20%Catering coordinator and day of venue person (although I didn't want to, my mom gave them $50 each - ugh)I can't remember if we did the officiant or harpist.  I am not sure.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and I tipped hair and MU people too.
  • babytecbabytec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i am not sure yet but depending on performance day of, i am planning on tipping DOC, hair and make up, officiant and officiant :)
  • muscles85muscles85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How much did you tip for hair and makeup and for the officiant? 20 percent?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did 20% for my hair and MU. Neither owned their own business.
  • edited December 2011
    Muddi,As I always, my dear, I thank you very much for your posting. That blog on Karla's website was very much helpful.Thanks for always covering bases and helping us out :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards