Honeymoon Discussions

Honeymoon Packing

I know this is a detailed question, but I am curious as to what you are packing for your honeymoons? We are honeymooning at Sandals in St. Lucia for 10 nights, and I'm not really sure how much of what to pack! I tend to overpack, but I'll only have one suitcase and want to be prepared and look good! :)
Thanks!

Re: Honeymoon Packing

• I packed roughly for 7 nights/8 days:  6 swimsuits (but I love bathing suits), 5 swim cover-ups (mainly what I wore during the day), 1 pair of shorts (I hate shorts, prefer dresses), 10 dresses for dinner (although I few I could dress down for day), 1 pair of shorts, 1 hoodie, lingerie, 1 set pjs, 2 tank tops

and also misc items I rec:
    -I brought a beach bag and also a zippers pouch (kind of like a large wristlet).  We kept our cameras in the pouch b/c it was discreet (it was really for wet swim suits so it was polka-dotted).  We felt a little safer leaving our cameras with our beach bag when we went for a walk or food that way.

-I was also really glad we had some large ziplocks.  We kept our books/mags in these inside of our beach bag when we weren't reading to avoid getting wet or sandy.

Also, be careful of sunburn on your scalp.  I'd bring a hat and be sure to wear your hair pulled back if possible.  The first day I wore my hair in a low-ponytail with a side part and my scalp was scortched.  It bugged me the rest of the week and was disgusting when it started to peel.  The rest of the week I wore my hair in a bun w/o an exposed part
  • I'm a huge overpacker, so my general rule is to lay out everything I think I need and then take away half of it.  After my HM, I learned:

-I don't need a different coverup for every day.  Next time, I'll bring three coverup tops and three bottoms and mix 'n match.
    -I don't need a different 'regular' outfit (sundress or tank/shorts) for every day, because I was either in a bathing suit/coverup at the pool or beach, or in a dress for dinner.  So I'll probably pack two or three normal outfits for our next trip.  Again, I may utilize mixing and matching to make fewer pieces stretch into more outfits.
    -I should cut down on the number of swimsuits, but I probably won't.  I recommend at least 3 if you hate putting on a wet swim suit since it takes a full day for them to dry and you may change at lunch (meaning a different suit in the morning and afternoon).  Also, if you're doing any water activities, make sure you have a more substantial suit (like a one-piece, tankini, or sportier bikini) that will stay in place.
    -You don't REALLY need a different dress for every dinner.  This is sort of subjective.
    -Try to pack clothes that coordinate with as few pair of shoes as possible to cut down on how many shoes you need to bring along.  Especially fewer heels, since they take up a lot of space.  Same with other accessories - pick versatile jewlery, bags, jackets/cardigans etc that will go with everything.
    -You can't easily re-wear workout clothes, so if you plan to work out and don't have access to laundry facilities, it's harder to make cuts here.  If you have items made of quick-dry material, you can wash them in your sink, but be sure to bring plenty of socks.  This is one thing I wish I'd brought more of - I only brought three exercise outfits.
    -Make sure to pack something to wear on your return flight.  For me this means pants of some kind (which I wouldn't normally need on my HM) because I get really cold on planes.
    -You don't need to bring beach towels where you're going.  I have no idea why I thought I needed to pack those.
    -Pack plenty of sunscreen, because you will (should) use a lot and it's expensive to buy.  It's also a good idea to have bring for headache, allergies, and diarrhea.
    -I recommend packing Ziploc bags (large and small), a trash bag for dirty/wet clothes, and plastic grocery bags.  They take up hardly any room and you never know what you might need when you're packing to return.
    -Bring the charger for your camera (if you're in a country where they're compatible).  You could also bring an extra battery.

Sorry that was so long...I was just thinking about this today!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • All of our Caribbean trips (7 nights 8 days) I pack:
    5 sundresses
    1 pair of cotten flats
    1 pair of flip flops
    1 pair of sneakers
    2 pairs of socks
    5 pairs of underwear (to go with the sundresses IF I don't have my bikini bottoms on)
    4 bathing suits (2 bikini bottoms 2 bikini tops and 2 tankini tops)
    2 pairs of walking shorts (cotton work out shorts)
    I wear my tankini tops as regular tank tops
    Hair gel
    Hair brush
    a couple headbands
     a couple pony holders (I have naturally curly hair and it's a PITA so mostly I just wear it up in a pony)
    Toothbrush
    Toothpaste
    Contacts
    Contact case and solution
    glasses
    sungalsses
    lots of suntan lotion
    snorkel gear
    asprin
    handi wipes
    hand sanitizer (in my carry on)
    pepto
    bandaids
    tampons
    camera
    camera charger
    cell phone
    cell phone charger
    my purse (wallet,pen,makeup)(in my carry on)
    of course passport,tickets and so on (in my carry on)

That's it and yes, it does all fit in one medium size suitecase and my carry on is just a standard back pack.
  • Thanks for all this advice ladies I was thinking about the same thing!
  • The lists above are great. I would also make sure to bring socks and tennis shoes (which are easy to forget when going to a beachy locale) if you plan on hiking or being active at all. Also, make sure to check requirements for excursions before you go (for example, we're doing Pearl Harbor and closed toe shoes are required and you aren't allowed any bags at all).

Vacation
  • Great lists!  Summer2011Bride _ we're going to Oahu too and thnx for sharing about Pearl Harbor, I didn't know you had to wear closed toed shoes... I did read no bags though... not sure how I feel about that!  I guess we just have to carry our camera and thats it.  Are we even allowed a camera??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm so excited for my HM I've already started packing. Probably too much too! lol
  • We went to Sandals in St. Lucia as well! I can tell you this - and believe me - all you need is a bathing suit for each day, and a dress for dinner each night. Bring, of course, any other shirts and shorts for excursions you might do (golf), and cover ups for just walking around the resort. I did not wear more than 1/2 of the clothes I brought!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Suuuuch a helpful question! Thanks for posting!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards