Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Honeymoon during Hurricane Season

So the FI and I are getting married at the end of Sept 2011 and he is insisting on going to the Carribean for our honeymoon. From my research, the following places are least likely to have a hurricane or they are even out of the hurricane zone during that time:
St. Martin
St. Vincent/ Gren.
Bonaire
Bermuda
Barbados
St. Croix
Martinique

Aruba

Does anyone have any good suggestions on the above places?  I'm looking to stay about 5-7 days and would like to have places to visit and some what of a nightlife if we choose to go out a night or two. I'm looking to spend under $5000.00

Thanks and any input is welcome!

Re: Honeymoon during Hurricane Season

• Options
    We went to the Bamahas for 8 days in the middle of Sept- height of hurricane season- and it rained for like 10 mins of 1 day.

Weather was great, prices were better and it was less crowded.  I say just buy travel insurance and go have fun!

Statistically speaking you're way more likely to get hit my a hurricane on the mainland US then the caribbean.  It was like a 2-3% chance for us on our honeymoon since you're only there for 1 week.  The chances of a hurricane hitting your island during your week = low.
  • Options
    well, bermuda isn't in the caribbean so if you're set on that area cross that one off.
    curacao needs to be added to your list. it's my fave island. i didn't care at all for aruba. you need to check each one and see which has what appeals to you more.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards