Florida-South Florida
Options

On the Cheap -- Welcome baskets for guests

With around 70 guests (most coming from out-of-town), I can't afford to make a welcome basket for everyone. I already plan to make something small (a lot of DIY items) for the wedding party, but does anyone have any ideas for the rest of the guests? The wedding is in Miami in February 2011. Thanks!

Re: On the Cheap -- Welcome baskets for guests

• Options
    Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I am buying black medium sized shopping bags..and putting a bunch of little things from Costco in there.....water, snacks, brochures, (Florida) oranges, etc...definetely go to BJS, Sams Club or Costco...buy in bulk and distribute in bags..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Danielle...I got canvas bags on sale for 41 cents each then Im putting water, chips, water coolies, hand sanitizer and cards all that I got at the Dollar store. You can do it cheap if you shop at the dollar store and BJ's or one of them! GL
  • Options
    allik1981allik1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you can't afford to do welcome bags they're really not that necessary.  I've been to a bunch of weddings where we were not given welcome bags.  One of my friends just had a nice letter from the couple welcoming us and with vital information for the weekend sitting in the room when we checked in.  One of my FI's friends had baked a ton of cookies and when we checked in we were given a little bag with a couple of cookies and a letter with all of the information.  Something like that wouldn't cost much at all if you baked the cookies yourself.  HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the ideas! I definitely love the cookie idea. My mom and I will have some fun with that!
  • Options
    rozmopolitanrozmopolitan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check www.minimus.com for great ideas of things to put in the welcome bags.  Fortunately I have only 6 welcome bags to make, but I think Costco is a great cost saver for the welcome bags b/c you can buy everything in bulk! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That website doesn't take me to a site with welcome bag ideas...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards