Ohio-Cleveland

hair and make-up

Hi Everyone!
 I am getting married in Spetember in Strongsville, OH and I am looking for some place that will do my hair and my make-up.  Does anyone have any suggestions.  I have heard that Aveda Salons are great and they will do both.  However, they are pretty pricey and I didn't want my bridesmaids to have to pay a ton to get their hair done with me.

Thanks!

Re: hair and make-up

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is the Aveda Brown institute, basically a cosmetology (sp?) school in Rocky River. They are less expensive than a regular Aveda salon because students do the work (work is reviewed by supervisors though, so quality is good) but it does take longer to get stuff done there. I'm not sure I'd risk it timing-wise for a wedding day unless your ceremony is slated for afternoon.

I had my hair done at Illusion Unlimited in Strongsville. They do makeup, too, but I did my own on the big day. For my updo, it cost around $50 IIRC (no trial included though... you pay extra for a trial), but I think they have lesser tier stylists that charge less. My gal, Emily, was one of the senior stylists and worth the $$$ IMO. She does great work. 2 out of 3 of my bridesmaids also got their hair done there. The 3rd did her own which was ok with me. Illusion Unlimited does offer a 10% discount if 3 or more of your group gets services done there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • korlishyattkorlishyatt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a makeup artist in the area..
    I travel to different locations

check out my website

www.wix.com/korlishyatt/korlishyatt

email me @ korlishyatt@hotmail.com or call 216-773-1637
    thanks

korlis
This discussion has been closed.