Ohio-Cleveland

Picking A DJ is the hardest...Help

We have started looking for a DJ for our June wedding but it seems to be the most difficult vendor to pick. There is nothing to base it off, but recommendations.  We are looking for a good DJ to get and keep most of our guest on the dance floor and entertained. Our wedding will have a younger crowd so the music will be mostly Top hip hop, pop, and r&b current and old. Any recommendations of great DJs?

Re: Picking A DJ is the hardest...Help

• Our wedding is not until September but I agree the DJ was the hardest because we wanted someone who could keep the party going but not steal the show.  We ended up going with Rock the House Entertainement out of Oakwood Village.  They have been awesome to work with with and they do lighting as well.  We have see their work and them in action and loved what we saw.  We did interview a lot of companys and this is the one we felt the most comfortable with and I have heard nothing but good reviews from other brides. 

• How is the pricing for rock the house?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We also looked at rock the house but ultimately went with Tim from a brides DJ. He specifically was recommended by two different photographers I met with.
  • We are leaning towards A Bride's DJ right now. They seem like a good company, plus they have some good reviews. They are giving us a choice between Marcus or Tim. Both seem to be highly recommended 
  • Their not bad actually. We went with their package that includes the DJ and MC and the dance floor lights...plus they are doing 30 up lights and a custom gobo. I looked at a brides DJ and wasnt impressed.....they had no clue on what they were talking about as far as how many lights I would need to get the look I wanted which turned me off pretty fast.
  • edited July 2012
    We are using the DJ Crew and have been to a few weddings that they worked and LOVED them so there was no other option or consideration for us!

Tell them my screenname and wedding date 9/22/12 they will give both of us a discount for referral. They are already priced really well in comparison to other DJ's we considered. 

ETA: Just spoke with John at DJ crew he said you can give my first name as a referal and the wedding date: Tiffany 9/22
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My work has used unlimited music productions http://www.umpdj.com/ They play to the crowd, take requests or work off your list. Lots of variety packages to chose from. I'm not sure how their prices compare to others. They also offer the photobooth.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards