Florida-South Florida

Restaurant for reception dinner

My fiancee and I have decided to do a small intimate wedding, follow by a dinner. Do you have any sugestions as far as restaurants in Miami that would do private dinning at an affortable price? If any of you doing the same? I need help with suggestions. Thank you!

Re: Restaurant for reception dinner

• I'm doing the same with 60 guests. We'll be using Chart House and they have very affordable packages.

HTH!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • One of our girls, Heather, is having hers at the China Grill. I believe its in Miami or Ft. Laud! It seems to have a nice area and great prices!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I'm having my reception at The Angler's Boutique Resort in South Beach for pretty reasonable pricing.  If you need info., send a PM.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Nov. SoFla Siggy -Fav. Registry Item- Kitchen Aid from my BP!
  • I'm having mine at China Grill :) It is in Fort Lauderdale though, off the 17th street causeway. We are having our ceremony on the restaurants deck (that overlooks the water or giant yachts if they are there) and they have 2 private rooms. The room I'm using can hold about 75 guests but they have a smaller room for a much smaller group! HTH!
  • We're having our reception at Dolores but you can call me Lolita.  I looked into Chart House and several others but Dolores Lolita was better for our budget, we are even able to include beer/wine. 
  • Thank you all for your wonderful suggestions!
  • Their food is pretty good. I've been there, but for happy hour. Do they have a private dinning area?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_restaurant-reception-dinner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:28d31aff-0590-44c5-a0c7-28e396aa42baPost:7ddf5d4a-54d7-4d55-bbe3-5ede228100c9">Re: Restaurant for reception dinner</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're having our reception at Dolores but you can call me Lolita.  I looked into Chart House and several others but Dolores Lolita was better for our budget, we are even able to include beer/wine. 
    Posted by Sapphired82[/QUOTE]

Their food is pretty good. I've been there, but for happy hour. Do they have a private dinning area?
  • Yes, they have several private rooms.  Check www.doloreslolita.com for the photos and group menu.  They will email you the price packages, but dinner starts at $25 and open beer/wine is $14 per person for 2 hours.  Full bar is more of course.
  • I'm not sure what your budget is but we are getting married on the beach at 29th & Collins then having dinner at the rooftop area at OLA. We did our research and OLA has been one of the top restaurants for the past few years. Also some of our friends were there and they said that they knew it was good when there were a lot of locals there! We went with the middle of the line dinner package which is 3 courses, a cake and open bar for 3 hours and I beleive it was like $120 pp. We are only having 30 people but the area rental fee was low and we did check out the Gansevoort and everything was fine until they sent me the contract and added a $1500 room rental fee.
  • Yes, I'm having around 30 people as well. I'll check OLA too. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards