Florida-South Florida
Options

Invite insert wording... no gift registry.

Hi All!!

I am a matron of honor for one of my best friends.  She is working on her invites.  She already owns her own  home, and so does he. They are merging their things, and are already having to get rid of alot of household items. So they do not want to have a registry asking for more.  They would prefer any other gift, such as gift cards, etc.

How would you word that one an invite insert? Help! Suggestions??

Re: Invite insert wording... no gift registry.

• Options
    We decided to do a honeymoon marriott gift card for the trip to Paris...this is what I wrote: The honeymoon gift card works anywhere in the world. You can always subsitute the wording for a Amex Card, etc...
    Your presence at our Wedding is the greatest gift of all. However, if you wish to honour us with a gift, we have registered a list with a Marriott Honeymoon giftcard. You can view it online either with our names or enclosed website. Thank you for being a part of our special day! Love, Diane and Alex
    *** TTC since 10/2010 (no planned bc since 2007) Me (31) Sept 2012 - DX Luteal Phase Defect. HSG 8/2012: both tubes are open, cervix and lining look good; hypothyroidism; DH (35) SA Normal Clomid 50mg, trigger
    10/2012 BFFN 1st cycle on clomid 50mg w/trigger shot, progesterone level 19.7, cd28 - hcg level 0.
    ***12/2012 Cycle #25 TTA break until March 2013***
    3T Jan2013 Siggy Challenge - Favorite Thing About Winter image
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    OB/GYN=expertise in pregnancy/labor; RE=expertise in getting pregnant. (read this on someone's post, feel free to PM me to give you credit) I'm so glad I have a RE on my team. Consult a RE after 1 year under 35yo; 6 months 35yo+
  • Options
    I am sorry but I don't think gift info should be listed anywhere in a wedding invitation.  People can find out via word of mouth - but even if you put a nice thing about not expecting them I think it still looks like youre asking for a present. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    A couple should never put anything in the invitation about gifts, its considered a breach of etiquette. The best thing to do is include a link (simple is better!) to the wedding website.
    THERE the couple can include links to their registry, or in this case, lackthereof. They should still consider registering for a few select things they truely would like to have and leave it up to their guests to understand they'd rather cash/checks (which should not be asked for, ever). Another option would be to do something like registry360, which could have special events/excursions/treats for the honeymoon, gift cards for a home improvement store (maybe they want to repaint the entire house or something), or other gifts/events that would not typically be found on a brick-and-mortar registry.
  • Options
    Ditto the girls. A registry or in this case the lack thereof should NEVER be included in the invite. The couple should graciously accept whatever they are given or if asked state their preference. She can write something on her wedding website and include a link on the invite if she feels the need!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I agree. You should not include gift information With the wedding information. It is incredibly tacky. Word of mouth or website is the best way.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options

I'm putting the below on my wedding website

Our Wishing Well Wedding

More than just kisses so far we’ve shared,
    Our home has been made with Love and Care,

Most things we need we’ve already got,
    And in our home we can’t fit a lot!

Since we have our share of dishes and bedding,
    We're having instead a wishing well wedding.

A gift of money is placed in the well,
    then make a wish but sssh don't tell!

Once we have replaced the old with the new
    we can look back and say it was Thanks To You!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards