Florida-South Florida
Options

DIY Cake Stand - MUST SHARE

Hey girls!!! So, I am EXTREMELY excited!!! About two months ago I completely fell in love with the following cake stand but I knwe there was no way I could afford it!

To rent it, it was about $300-$400 and to but it, it was a total of $500 - $600, not including shipping!! So it was definitely not an option for me. So I then decided to make it myself and that was another mission bc most places dont cut wood in a round shape and if they do it was insane amount of money for 20 inches... so long story short, I was able to find everything I needed for a total of $140 and make it myself with my mom's help - below are the pics:

Martica and David Daisypath Anniversary tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker image Website: http://davidandmartica.weebly.com

Re: DIY Cake Stand - MUST SHARE

• Options
    Wow!! Martica your cake stand came out AMAZING!! I think it is even nicer thatn the one you wanted to rent. BTW where did they have that cake stand??
  • Options
    Its beautiful!!! I am amazed of how beautiful it looks!! I even want one now. lol
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    image 157 Invited
    image 118 are ready to party! image 35 have better things to do image04 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: March 31
  • Options
    Awesome it looks great.!
  • Options
    Wow such a great idea! I'm going to try and do the same thing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh wow!! It's beautiful! So, did you have the wood cut or did you buy a cake stand and cover it in the crystals? Is that a mirror on the top? I can't tell LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It looks amazing! Congrats :)
    *** TTC since 10/2010 (no planned bc since 2007) Me (31) Sept 2012 - DX Luteal Phase Defect. HSG 8/2012: both tubes are open, cervix and lining look good; hypothyroidism; DH (35) SA Normal Clomid 50mg, trigger
    10/2012 BFFN 1st cycle on clomid 50mg w/trigger shot, progesterone level 19.7, cd28 - hcg level 0.
    ***12/2012 Cycle #25 TTA break until March 2013***
    3T Jan2013 Siggy Challenge - Favorite Thing About Winter image
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    OB/GYN=expertise in pregnancy/labor; RE=expertise in getting pregnant. (read this on someone's post, feel free to PM me to give you credit) I'm so glad I have a RE on my team. Consult a RE after 1 year under 35yo; 6 months 35yo+
  • Options
    Thank you ladies!!!! I did order the wood cut to the size, shape, and width I needed at an etsy shop - she was awesome!! and then I covered it with the crystal banding from Save on Crafts. The mirror I bought it and had it cut in the shape, size, and width I needed at this flass store in Kendall for only $40!!! The cake stands were sold at two stores in California and then a store in Georgia also rented them or sold them but they pricing was insane!!!I also spray painted the wood silver before adding the banding because in between the little rhinestones there are small spaces and i didnt want the wood to show...
    Martica and David Daisypath Anniversary tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker image Website: http://davidandmartica.weebly.com
  • Options
    Wow, girl! Great job!
    *So Fla Board February Siggy* My babe and I
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I know it's been a whole since you were on this thread..hopefully you will see this but I'm looking to make the same stand. Who was the etsy seller that cut the wood?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards