Ohio-Cleveland

I got a great deal on my dress!

My mom and I just went down to A Bride's Design in Westlake since their bridal shop is closing.  They just got a shipment in from New York to add to their collection of wedding gowns and they now have about 60 or so sample gowns for sale.  All gown and accesseries are marked down 50% OFF! I ended up getting a Tara Keely dress I have been in love with, but there are tons of other designers there…All in great condition and mostly size 10 and 12. 

Re: I got a great deal on my dress!

• edited December 2011
    I went in to A Bride's Design also and they have some AWESOME stuff and it is all 50% off!  The owner was so nice and helpful.  I had a small problem with my gown when it came in and they did EVERYTHING to get it fixed for me!  Laura even helped me pick out earrings and a tiara to go with my dress, and I got a bra and some Spanx just because.  Everything was so inexpensive and great quality.

Ladies if you are in need of your gown or accessories stop by because the deals are hard to beat!!! Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bdgbridebdgbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Not "A Bride's Design," but "A Bride's Worst Nightmare!"

THE ABSOLUTE WORST!!! 
    I ordered my bridal gown from them and they were so "nicey-nice" UNTIL they had my money.  I questioned my dress order at the very beginning of the order and when I paid the deposit.  Laura reassured me that it was correct even though her book swatch looked different than the sample that I had tried on.  I had to keep requesting swatch samples over the course of the first 2 months because they wouldn't follow up on it properly.  Later, when swatch sample after swatch sample (of my particular dress order) kept coming in not only the wrong color, but the completely wrong fabric, I got extremely nervous.  I kept getting more stressed out and questioning that the correct dress was even ordered or being made.  Laura just laughed it off and didn't do ANYTHING to try to remedy the situation or relieve my stress.  She even joked about the situation stating that "the swatch lady is on vacation!"
    Needless to say, my dress came in just 2 1/2 weeks before my wedding IN THE WRONG COLOR!  I ended up having to take the sample gown off the rack just to have a dress for my wedding (the decision that I made after they offered another bride's dress as a swap and I refused).  Would you want YOUR dress traded out to another bride's "dress gone wrong?"  They were extremely difficult and unsympathetic and resistant about discounting the sample dress.  They PROMISED me that they would have it cleaned because it was dirty, have it altered in time and alter it to fit and to be as "good as new."  TWO days before leaving for my wedding, I was stuck picking up a FILTHY sample dress that they didn't even alter to fit me, just to have ANY dress for my wedding.  They left me hanging until the last possible moment and did not do what they promised.  They completely ruined my wedding day and this kind of service SHOULD NOT be expected when you're ordering a $2200 couture wedding gown. 
    After the fact, I contacted the designer in New York to try to get some resolution from this disaster.  A Bride's Design COMPLETELY lied to them as well as me, blaming the designer for all of the wrong-doings and then lied to the designer and said that they did EVERYTHING to accommodate me when they didn't.  The designer in New York then, left the ball in my hands (which were tied).
    DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE LIARS!
    They do not care about customer service or doing THE RIGHT THING!
    They are advertising a store closing 50% off sale........................hmmm, wonder why?!?!?!Spare yourself the trouble.....................there are NO DEALS that are worth it!!!

• skippylouwhoskippylouwho member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The first two posts on here are by new members -first post for both. and both are rave reviews for a bridal shop.  VENDORS?
  • edited December 2011
    I actually went there (not b/c of posts, but my cousin lives near by and saw their sign) and purchased a veil.  I was happy to find a pretty one, for less than other places I had seen!   I purchased a fairly simple Christina Garcia, that must have been last season (it's not currently on the website).
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that "skippylouwho" is onto something......................

First of all, I know for a fact that they haven't received any merchandise from the designer in New York since LAST YEAR.  As a matter of fact, I just spoke with the assistant to the designer AND the local sales rep. this morning and they indicated that they've been situating themselves to close for several months, do not have anything from the current season and haven't placed orders with them since last year.SO....................how could they have just received a shipment?????

Also, how many brides shopping for their gown actually take inventory on how many dresses are hanging in the salon OR what sizes most of their samples are in????

And lastly, "Ladies if you are in need of your gown or accessories stop by because the deals are hard to beat."  NOTE:  "stop by," as in "stop by, I run the salon"

A BIT INTERESTING TO SAY THE LEAST!!!!
  • cwesemeyercwesemeyer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I don't know what this lady is talking about.

I cannot express the wonderful service I received from Laura at A Bride's Design. Laura is amazing seamstress and designer and is very inexpensive. After working with me for over 2 hours, looking at bustle ideas, halter straps, de-beading and other alteration ideas, my total bill was $59!!! Seriously! A bustle alone is usually more than that! I had a very vague idea of using my Mom's veil as a halter strap, and WOW, Laura just ran with it. She thinks of everything too! She mentioned that the fabric might be too scratchy on my skin (seriously - what other designer would ever think of this?), so she made the strap detachable! So I can take it on and off throughout the reception!The service is absolutely AWESOME. I highly recommend using her.

I don't know what kind of dresses she has in the store or when she got them, I am not a vendor. I see that the person who keeps making bad reviews is ONE person and has made it her personal mission to bad mouth this place.

• edited December 2011
    Hi I am not a vendor...just someone who had a really great experience buying my dress at A Bride's Design and wanted to let others know about it.  Same with this crazy girl who has "had a bad experience" and wants to let everyone know about it.  PLEASE don't listen to her...A Bride's Design was so amazing and helpful.  Someone sounds like a BRIDEZILLA to me...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Last two posts are obviously CONNECTED TO THE VENDOR. 

Brides............shop at your own risk.  I've posted, blogged and filed complaints and I'm finding THAT I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE that this has happened to.  BEWARE!
    Had other brides with bad experiences warned people, I may have had a different experience and could have ordered my dress from a REPUTABLE store.

They're obviously scrambling and having people that they know post false comments.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, maybe not actual vendors, BUT The posts by the "oh so obvious wonderful experiences" are THE OWNER OF A BRIDE'S DESIGNS' FACEBOOK FRIENDS!!!!.................check for yourselves (Laura Opfer Smith)...............oh, let's just see her friends list suddenly disappear................. 
    Girls, you really need to be able to run with the big dogs...................
    AND YOU OBVIOUSLY CAN'T!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards