Florida-South Florida

Newbie/Venue Question

Hi my name is Latira and of course im a South Florida girl to my heart..I got engaged May for mothers day and ive been in plan mood every since...our date is 8/16/2014, which gives us ample time to do what we would like to do for our wedding but now im in venue search and i want to book it by Jan/Feb of next year.. Has anyone heard of the Fire Tower Miami in Doral??
I saw the video on Youtube but i want to knw from a personal side how is the place, im gonna go there sometime in Jan to take a look at it but its either that place or Miami Springs Country Club (which is still nice)..

Any help is greatly apreciated...

Thanks

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

Re: Newbie/Venue Question

• Heard great things about this venue. It's pretty much a blank canvas and it provides catering which from what I have heard the food is good. It's a very big space it can hold up to 600 people.
  • O Thanks for the info....im super excited about going to see the venue so hopefully it will be the right place for me

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• LaMaFaLaMaFa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2012
    We seriously considered the FireTower and had an extremely good quote from them when we were looking at venues last year. Mick is the catering manager, he is super flexible in planning menus and working within your budget. The venue space is very pretty- the hall space has a gorgeous built-in bar and huge Swarovski chandelier.
    The biggest reason we didn't book it was the ceremony space. There basically isn't one, they have a small area overlooking the canal that they can set up a few chairs, but the space wouldn't work for us and we needed a venue with a ceremony space. If you have a ceremony space (or have a lot of local guests) there are some parks not too far away but since we had mostly out of town guests (and we're from Sunrise) it just wasn't a good option for us. We loved the venue though, and the staff were incredible.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_newbievenue-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:3d0fc5a6-f0d1-4727-befa-a5b5697b6755Post:7f18ee8d-9977-49b3-8a24-7ad241fcb1eb">Re: Newbie/Venue Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]We seriously considered the FireTower and had an extremely good quote from them when we were looking at venues last year. Mick is the catering manager, he is super flexible in planning menus and working within your budget. The venue space is very pretty- the hall space has a gorgeous built-in bar and huge Swarovski chandelier. The biggest reason we didn't book it was the ceremony space. There basically isn't one, they have a small area overlooking the canal that they can set up a few chairs, but the space wouldn't work for us and we needed a venue with a ceremony space. If you have a ceremony space (or have a lot of local guests) there are some parks not too far away but since we had mostly out of town guests (and we're from Sunrise) it just wasn't a good option for us. We loved the venue though, and the staff were incredible.
    Posted by LaMaFa[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks LaMaFa for the info i was wondering about the ceremony space, i spoke with him and he assured me that he had a decent space for ceremony and cocktails but i guess it all depends on the number of guests i may have, or i can just get married at another location and go there, im not sure but i really still would like to go take a look at it..

</div>

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards