Ohio-Cleveland

INFORMATION ON THE OLD COURTHOUSE - CLEVELAND

So I'm currently researching different reception hall ideas, and I came across the Old Courthouse in Cleveland. It looks beautiful, but I'm finding next to no information about it. 
Does anyone know how much it costs to have a reception there?
Is outside caterers allowed?
Do we need to provide our own tables, chairs, glassware, etc.?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Re: INFORMATION ON THE OLD COURTHOUSE - CLEVELAND

• You have to have it catered by a specific company (taste of excellence) It costs about $4,000 just to have it there, on top of catering, parking, etc... It was very hard for me to get a hold of anyone and when I did, the person meeting me was a half hour late for our appointment and answered her phone 3 times during our appointment. Needless to say, I was not impressed and choose not to have it there
  • We were going to go with the Old Courthouse but changed our mind because of budget and over all just not wanting to think of all the extras.  You are pretty much in charge of everything.  Thet use a taste of excellence catering which will provide all table, chairs, linnens and what not etc.  You do have to pay for your own parking for each guest and have to have insurance for 5 million I believe it was for the event.  We were going to have appox 250 guests and it looked a little tight for that many people as well and that bathrooms were not very clean.  I would say if you have a high budget and are willing to worry about every little detail then look more into it but if not I would keep looking around.  We ended up going with the Cleveland Airport Marriott.  They just did a remodel a few years ago so it looks fantastic inside and they were wonderful to work with....absolutely nothing went wrong the day of our wedding and i did not have to worry about a thing.  Their food is amazing as well.  Hope this info helps.  If you do the courthouse but do not want to spend the money you can do your pics there...i believe it was 500 for 1 hr. 
  • Wow. Thank you both for your help. The information you both gave me definitely helped/gave me something to consider with that. 

I appreciate the help a lot. Thank you both again.
  • Beautiful but very expensive.
  • I was invited to a wedding there, and although very beautiful, I know they spent a pretty penny. Also the acoustics were awful and we had a very time hearing anything anyone was saying with a microphone and the music was muffled.  
  • To clarify, there is no preferred caterer for the courthouse. It's a public building and they allow outside caterers of your choice and you can supply your own alcohol. The previous point of contact for the old courthouse left and the new lady has been great with communications. The liability insurance shouldn't cost more than $50 from your auto/home insurance company. The rental space is expensive but I saved money by having the ability to bring in my own caterer, supply the alcohol, host ceremony and reception in the same place, and the courthouse is so grand and beautiful I can cut back on decorations. 

Acoustics are an issue and no DJ can provide the perfect sound but some have more experience at the courthouse than others. Parking garage for your guests can be purchased at a reasonable flat rate of $500 and it's right next door. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards