Florida-South Florida

Poll/Question - Invite co-workers to bridal shower even if they aren't invited to destination weddin

Ok so I am having a destination wedding. Our families are spread out all over the country and we decided to have the wedding in Florida because my grandparents are there and can't travel and also, it's FLORIDA :). My predicament is this... my mom and MOH keep asking me if I want a Bridal Shower and if I'd like to invite work people. The thing is, work people are not invited to the wedding, since it's in Florida and we are keeping it small and just with family. Is it considered rude to invite them to the shower but not the wedding or is this a nice gesture since the wedding is far away? I honestly have no clue! please help.
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Poll/Question - Invite co-workers to bridal shower even if they aren't invited to destination weddin

• I believe who ever is closest to the bride is invited to the bridal shower. If you really aren't close to anyone from work then you don't need to invite them.
    October Siggy! Love the Groom's Expression! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Are you close to any of your co-workers? If you are then are they close enough for them to want to be part of your bridal shower and not invited to the wedding? It's a pretty hard decision because some people may not feel okay with being invited to a bridal shower, spend on a gift, and not being invited to the wedding. In your case, it's a bit different since it's a destination wedding but people may still feel that way. 

I went to a bridal shower around this time last year and the bride invited people who were attending the wedding and others who weren't. She even handed out invites and I thought it was pretty rude to have invited people who weren't even going to her wedding but still got her a gift.
  • I'm also having a destination wedding and I am inviting some coworkers of mine that are very close to me (we opened the school together and have worked very intimately for the last 3 years) to the shower. I actually asked them if they'd go, because only family was invited to the wedding and I wanted their opinion (I also mentioned that they not purchase gifts, I really just want them there to celebrate). Last year another coworker had her wedding and didn't invite any of us because it was very intimate, and we were all honored to have been invtired to her shower. I would say invite them.
    SoFla December Siggy: Our favorite Holiday pic=Christmas 2011, 3 days after we got engaged 7E8C9975-2584-46D6-9348-98F987844629-655-00000022C95C02AF magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
    Free Disney Tickers https://apps.facebook.com/Disney-Weddings/sites/theprincessandthegator
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards