Ohio-Cleveland

Bridal Salons Advice

I'm from Elyria, OH and I was wondering about which bridal salons everyone liked the best.  I'm currently living in Kansas and I'll be home to visit for the holidays. I'd like to start shopping for a dress soon.  Thanks! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridal Salons Advice

• edited December 2011
    I would stay away from David's in Mayfield Road. I had an awful experience with a consultant that was too pushy and who tried to sell me a damaged dress with holes in it. I bought my dress from DB in North Olmsted and had a much better experience. Their customer service there is far better.
  • edited December 2011
    I loved Dora's Bridal in Fairview Park. I too was planning from out of town. And they were extremely accommodating of my crazy schedule (even opened early one Saturday!)
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • Jenjs4Jenjs4 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Dress Bridal Boutique in Medina. They really make you feel special and they have some great gowns. If you really want that bridal experience I would go there. Coming Attraction bridal in Akron how some really great affordable gowns as well.
  • edited December 2011
    I got my dress from The Dress in Medina and I loved them. They're constantly getting new dresses is and they often have trunk sales. I bought my dress there and it was half off. They were so awesome. I'm going to go to them for the alterations as well. They're located on the square.
    December Siggy Challenge. Yep he's a sports fan. Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    If you want a large selection, try Catan's in Strongsville. You do have to make an appointment, but I found the selection and service was great. They have a ton of BM dresses and MOB dresses as well.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic *This is not legal advice*
  • Bobcatls6Bobcatls6 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Perfect Bride in Rocky River is amazing. Their prices include ALL alterations so you are not guessing as to how much that will cost. I also really like Something White in Independence - a little pricey but worth it!! 
  • JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Catan's is great! You only need to make an appointment for the Couture room, IIRC. They do tend to be busier on weekends though, so if you can get there on a weekday (they're open evenings, too), service is better. Catan's alterations pricing can be high though. Know that you don't HAVE to use them for alts. Denise at Julianne's Bridal Outlet does a FAB job with alterations and is much more reasonably priced. She'll work on any dress from any shop. She did a great job for me! BTW, if you don't mind buying a dress on consignment, Julianne's always has a great selection (ever changing since it's a consignment store) of gently worn or never worn dresses at excellent prices.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I just ordered my dress today from Galleria Gowns in Willoughby Hills.  They have a large selection and good brands.  The service was fantastic and the store has a very comfortable feel.  I would definitely recommend them.
  • edited December 2011
    i too had a awful time at davids bridal on mayfield road..those ladies in there always seem to be in a bad mood cuz i went 2 different times giving them the benefit that it was just a bad day the first time i went but i think they just need laid or something lol anyways so i just went got measured and ordered my dress online at jjhouse very beautiful dresses at low prices!!!!!!!!
  • I went to Dora's in Fairview park and then Catan's in strongsville.. I found my 2 runner ups at Catan's but then I found the one I wanted in cincinnati..later to find out that the same one was at Catan's I just didn't try it that day! I liked the set up at catan's better. you get a personal assistant yourr own room with the huge mirror..you don't have to walk out infront of a room with a ton of people you don't know.  then the people who come with you sit in the room with the mirror and you get a smaller little dressing room in the big room to chnage so you aren't changing in front of your fmaily/friends either.  I loved it there. 
  • Thanks everyone!  I knew I want to look at DB in North Olmsted but I wouldn't mind checking out a couple places.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards