Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Bloom Floral Designs in Canton - DO NOT USE!!!!

I wanted to warn any brides considering using Bloom Floral Designs by Sonja Dake for your wedding - do not use this florist!  I made this mistake for my wedding, and I highly regret it.  While what she creates does look nice, she will not follow what you tell her you want for your wedding.  She also is inexperienced at running a business, is disorganized and untrustworthy.  Here is my wedding experience with her - met with her to discuss the flowers I wanted, the design and color, etc.  She created a sample for our tall centerpieces, which we specificially instructed her to create a cascading, large full vase.  She created one we loved and she claimed she would do that for our tall centerpieces.  Everything we discussed she would scribble in an unorganized, illegible fashion and would throw it into a stack of papers on the messy counter - not in our own file.  Met with her again before the wedding, and I made sure to go over each floral piece, specifying the colors, the types of flowers and fillers I wanted.  She confirmed it all, wrote it all down, I told her what time to be at the church, etc.  Everything was finalized, but no invoice was given, no receipt, no written record of anything.  The day of the wedding, she showed up late to the church, half way through pictures.  All of the bouquets were the right color, but she did not use the flowers we discussed, she tied them with a ribbon color that was incorrect and hideous ( a purple grey - didn't match anything), forgot the musicians' flowers, forgot my flower girl's flowers (which she made up for by pulling a spare bunch of hydrengas from her van and ripping the flowers off of it to put in her basket). She used the wrong orchids in all the bouquets - she used more expensive ones than the ones we specified.  At the reception, the tall, full, beautifully arranged centerpieces we had discussed were not there - in their place were tall vases with just stems of flowers thrown in the vases so they were straight up in the air with no arranging done, and the flowers were not even flowers we had discussed.  We discussed a beautiful display of flowers on the cake table - there weren't any once we got there.  While this did not ruin the day, and while the flowers were still very pretty, it wasn't what we had discussed, planned for, hoped for and paid for.  It stings to know that all of the time and visions you put into planning your wedding, and the large amount of money spent, resulted in an end result that you had not wanted.   I want to warn all brides to avoid this florist!!

Re: Bloom Floral Designs in Canton - DO NOT USE!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    obviously it is very upsetting reading a review like this of your business. i went above and beyond to do all that i could to do with the wedding as i do with every event. i did what i thought the bride and i discussed. myself and  everybody else at the venue loved the flowers and i stand by them to this day. there was alot of miscommunication with both the bride and her mother. the bride lived out of town and i dealt with the mother most times. it seemed that they were not on the same page with alot of things. the wedding had changed from one thing to something completely different, and things that i had written down they seemed to forget about. they also told me to use my discretion and do what i thought looked best which is what i did. the centerpieces were not exactly what the sample had looked like, as they said they trusted me, told me to do what i thought looked best, and knew whatever i did would be beautiful. when i arrived at the church the photographers asked me if i knew where the bride was, so i did not show up in the middle of pictures. the previous wedding was still going on when i arrived and i could not even go into the church to start decorating. as i realize this is not the brides fault, i had less than 15 minutes to decorate the church before the music started. i am truly upset to hear that they were not satisfied with the flowers. i even reimbursed them money, although i spent above what i planned  to make the event what i thought was really beautiful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards