Florida-South Florida
Options

Officiant

We are both Catholic & were hoping to have a Catholic/Christian officiant at our wedding.  We have an appt with one next week.  I asked what his fees were & he said it was based on what I could afford.  My fiance was a bit peeved by that answer.  Can you tell me what the cost should be?  Of course, we want to pay him a fair amount, but how does he determine what we can afford?  I'm not even sure what I should be budgeting for an officiant.  Can anyone tell me what they paid in Palm Beach County?  Thanks much!!

Re: Officiant

• Options
    Sounds like an officiant I had contacted - first appt he didn't show, second one I canceled morning of (dog got sick had to go to ER and just didn't feel right about the appt). The one I spoke to wanted to come to the house and stuff, which was weird, but figured that was his way of gauging our affordability. Then my hotel catering manager said that this one was very expensive. Good luck
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    https://www.facebook.com/FLOfficiant

go to this FB page, I met this women at the bridal show, Here basic wedding ceremony starts at 250, then you can add things on, she has a great speaking voice too, seemed very very professional.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I'm getting married through the Catholic church and the $500 church rental fee includes the officiant. (this is through the Archdiocese of Miami, don't know if PB county is part of it)

Just a heads up, in case you haven't looked into it yet, a Catholic priest will most likely not officiate a ceremony outside a church (like on the beach or park) unless it is under super extreme circumstances (for example if someone is severly ill and cannot leave the hospital).

Hope this helps and good luck!

photo 4d90b97c-0076-4b13-b3c1-7cddd4d8686b_zps47a19125.jpg
  • Options
    I second Ana Ramierz, https://www.facebook.com/FLOfficiant. We booked her a year out for our May 2013 wedding and she has been very responsive to our questions. Very nice, professional and sweet. 
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the info, everyone!  I'm aware that a Catholic priest can not perform a ceremony outside of the church.  I have been divorced so we can not get married in a church until my annulment is wrapped up.  It wont be by May of this yr so we would like an officiant who has retired from the Catholic Diocese or who is very familiar with a Catholic wedding ceremony.  We obviously can't have a long Catholic mass, but would like ti incorporate some of the prayers, etc. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards