Florida-South Florida

Destination wedding in FL...Ideas??

My fiance and I are going to have a destination wedding in April 2013 in Florida. We are looking at the Gulf side due to beautful water, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what beaches are best and resorts that you highly recommend (**note: we willl be having a smaller wedding and a large recption back home) so we dont want to pay an arm and leg just for the ceremony.

We have been suggested Fort Meyers beach, Destin...The Pink Shelll Resort in Fort Meyers Beach...

Any recommendations and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Re: Destination wedding in FL...Ideas??

• I would recommend checking the West Coast Local Boards.  The South Florida Boards really gear more towards the Fort Lauderdale, Miami, and Palm Beach areas.
    IlanaandDanWedding291of1402Anniversary
  • LaMaFaLaMaFa member
    First Comment
    I second checking on the West Coast Florida board. However, I used to live in Ft. Myers, Ft. Myers Beach is a pain to get around. I went there twice in 3 years. I'd recommend Lover's Key, Barefoot Beach State Preserve, Sanibel or Captiva (the last two can be pricier) in the Ft. Myers/Naples area; and Longboat Key towards Sarasota or Stump Pass State Park near Port Charlotte.
    The Pink Shell is very pretty, I've seen pictures of weddings done there, and they look lovely, but I'm not sure if the hassle of navigating Ft. Myers Beach outweighs it.
    If you aren't dead set on the beach, the Ford and Edison estates sit right on the river and have a spectacular coconut grove for ceremonies- or the huge ancient banyan tree also nestled on the river is a beautiful spot for a wedding. They can either set up an outdoor reception on site, or you can go next door to the Yacht Club for an indoor party.
    No matter what though, the ladies on the West Coast Board will be able to offer more insight and advice on locations, price, quality, etc.
  • Check out the Marriott in Marco Island. I am getting married at the Marriott and every step of the process has been amazing. We just did our tasting and I was very impressed. They can definitely accomodate small wedding groups. I like it because the beach is pretty private so you don't have to worry about people walking through your ceremony!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards