Florida-South Florida

I need to rant...

Hey ladies, so I've been around the boards but Im more on the quite side...so I hardly post as you can see by the post count...anyways...Im in need of letting this all out....

My Mother, my MIL, and my Matron of Honor are driving me crazy!!

1. the location was a big deal (I live in Broward County the venue is near Boca, but half of my fam lives in Miami-dade) you see where this is going....I dealt with that by saying when I see the money from you I will pick a closer location. Mom and MOH drove me crazy about it.

2. seating...omg...my parents are divorced (long story short...my mother hates my SM but they get along ...I dont understand!) Undecided My in laws hate each other also divorced but are willing to act like normal ppl that day...my mother doesn't want to sit with my dad, SM, and in laws....she's making my life impossible...I dunno what to do I have no where to sit her and my SD if I move them to another table and if I do I cant sit random ppl with fam...everytime I tell her no Im not moving her she tells me dont worry we have to sit down and fix the tables...sigh...last time I told her to sit outside

3. So my colors are ivory/champagne or Gold and Green....I told my SM, Mom and MIL that I would love them to wear goldish, champagne, or even brown....what does my MIL do....she goes out and buys a Navy Blue dress and tells my future hubby I don't have to match I'm wearing the Navy Blue dress....Now my mother wants to wear a black dress, n my BIL he doesnt want to wear the tux shoes in the rental but his own kind of shoes....HELP!

I just needed to let some of this out, (theres way more like make-up, hair, etc) thanks for listening! or in this case reading!
Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers Anniversary

Re: I need to rant...

• twissy94twissy94 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gosh, I'm sorry this is happening to you. How selfish can they be? Don't people(especially family) realize that it's not about them but this is your and FI's day! Period!

I hope you don't let them steal the joy of planning or even worse the day! Things should not be this complicated. They all should be willing to do whatever you need to make the day go off without a hitch and shame on them for being difficult.

I hope things get better for you!
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Girl, I'm so sorry! Weddings bring out the worst in people and certainly doesn't spare our mothers!! Stand your ground on what you can! Vibes coming your way!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Gissy4857Gissy4857 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sending good vibes your way. Sorry you're going through that. Definitely agree with pp to stand your ground. Good luck and I hope they start being more cooperative

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards