Ohio-Cleveland

engagement Pics.. Need location ideas!

Anyone know of a great place to take my engagement photos? I live in Parma, but am willing to travel a little bit. We are looking at September for the session. Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: engagement Pics.. Need location ideas!

• edited December 2011

We just took our pics last night in downtown Cuyahoga Falls. Not sure how far that is from Parma, but it has a lot of great scenery...we had beautiful trees, benches, wooden walkways next to the river, a scenic fountain, brick buildings, etc. etc. Worth checking out if you're looking for those kind of photos! :)

Photobucket Lauren & Kyle 10.16.10 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • starshine985starshine985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Downtown Olmsted Falls has a beautiful park that is perfect for engagement photos! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cuy. falls is nice, but would be nearly 1 hr from Parma. Closer to you, consider Gardenview Horticultural Park in Strongsville (on Pearl, just south of 82) or anywhere in the Cleveland Metroparks. There's Berea Falls at the entrance of the Rocky River Reservation of the metroparks in Berea. Very pretty! Or, how about the Cleveland Zoo, if that's your thing.

Also, as the pp mentioned, Olmsted Twp has a cute walkable landscaped 'downtown' with little shops, railroad car, covered bridge nearby.

Choose a spot that is what you and FI are all about. If you are hikers/campers, pick a natural spot. If you are into amusement parks, maybe make a day trip to Cedar Point and get some pics taken there. Downtown Cleveland always has a lot of photo spots, if you prefer an urban setting. Voinovich Park gets you various views including a city skyline, Browns stadium and the lake, of course.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    we went to huntington beach in westlake.  Only about 20-25 min from parma.  Great pic location especially if you like the beach and water. They also have trees and park like area if you like that.  best of both worlds! We love our pictures! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Edgewater Park gives a great shot with the Cleveland skyline in the background.  The Rock Hall, the Cleveland Cultural Gardens, on the marble stairwell infront of the stained glass windows in the Probate Court,
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I knew I was forgetting one - The Arcade on Euclid Avenue.  One end has twin curved staircases and the other end has a straight staircase.  Have the photographer shoot from below you so you have the incredible craftmanship behind you.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • edited December 2011
    i would suggest one of the metroparks, especially in the fall! all those gorgeous leaf colors!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards