Florida-South Florida

Hello all

our wedding date has been set for December 2014 and of course im overly excited (YAY). Is it too early to start planning? we've been engaged for a bit but never got pregnant because of life events that have happened so we never got around to talking about a date until now. im also new to weddings ive never been to one as an adult and my mom and sister never had a real wedding. So any advice would be great because im so lost lol. also if anyone has any recommendations for venues here in miami or the broward area it would be great! thanks so much.

Re: Hello all

• Welcome and congrats!!!

I am getitng married in 2014 and am already planning as well. Definitly start looking and getting ideas of what you want. First thing you need to do is get a rough number on how many people you will have and start looking. I found a lot just by googling. Depending on how many you have, I have a good place I love I want to use but the Fi is dead set on Key West.... let me know and I will give you some ideas

Getting Hitches 08/09/2014

• Congratulations to you too! Our wedding is going to be about 100 people give or take. He has a big family. I've done some googling already and I've got a couple places in mind to go see but he thinks its too soon and to wait til beginning of next year or end of this one to start.
  • My Fi is the same way... Says it too soon and it doesnt make sense... BLAH BLAH BLAH. If you have a specific date in mind, Look and book now!! Trust me... The dates will be hard to get the closer it is. I know what you are saying but the sooner the better and it gives you that much more time to pay off.
    My date is open because we want to do it around our families because everyone is out of town... just us here. We know where we want and the date we want, Aug of 14 and we are saving the deposit now and the lady from the place is calling me if someone else wants that date and giving me first dibs because all I need it the money.

Look and book girl!!!

• Yea money is an issue with us too since its so many people I've been trying to find like an all inclusive wedding package and if the ceremony and reception are at the same place we don't mind. I wish we could do it at the biltmore but too expensive for us. So sad lol
  • I looked there too!! It is insane...

I like the Royal Fiesta Catering and ballroom in Deerfield. They include SOOO much in your package and they people there are fantastic. If we were marrying close to home, we would book there. It is amazing and beautiful! Check it out... Website photos are not great but Facebook photos are good. You dont get a good feel though till you see it.

If I did it, I would do ceremony on 1st floor and reception second floor. No extra charge for both rooms and it has a bridal suit and its on the intercoastal.  

• Ok thanks for the tip ill go check it out. I jut read my initial post and instead of writing we havent started planning because of life events I wrote pregnant lol that would be one of the life events.
  • lol... No biggie. I suck at spelling so it doesnt matter. Feel free to private message me or keep posting on here. I am funally over venue shopping so good luck. Once you find a place, everything else is easy!!

Good luck!! Im here if you need anything

• ok will do. and if you know of any other venues let me know of some others to check out.. idk if fi wants to go too far out of miami since most of his fam is here in kendall

• I pretty much checked all of broward and palm beach... I live in Delray. I am not a fan of Miami so I did not check that far south... Im sorry I wont be more help. Re port and in the headline put miami venues and in the subject ask if they have ideas for about 1 people... They have a lot of good ones on here

• Broward would be good if you have a few suggestions for that area. Ill do a new post for a miami venue too its hard for me to do research because finding reviews on a place here in miami is difficult or otherwise negative and I dot want to go see all of them lol
  • Welcome aboard. It's never too early to look. Our wedding is in less then 8 months and we just booked the venue a couple of weeks ago. But I do have to say....budget. That's the first thing you and the future FI should talk about. Also from my own friends experience, don't always count on family to pitch money. She thought her brother was gonna give her 10K and the day before the wedding, No money. She and exhusband scrambled to figure out how.to pay for everything at the last minute. And yes I said exhusband, they divorced because he couldn't let the matter go about the money. That subject was one of the top things they would fight about
    SoFla September Siggy - Hair Inspiration imageimage
  • Ya the budgets been set already that was always an issue with us because we don't have a lot of money. We're paying for everything ourselves I'd rather that then ask the family. I'm just lost though when it comes to planning so I'm thinking of hiring a planner I don't know where to go or how to start with the flowers dj caterers and all else
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards