Ohio-Cleveland

Embassy Suites Downtown Cleveland and other venue help!

Hi everyone!  Has anyone heard anything about receptions at the Embassy Suites downtown?  I love the downtown feel and being near the lake but I'm having such a hard time finding something that is reasonably priced!  I looked at the Great Lakes Science Center and it was very pricey!  I would love to just set up a tent outside on the grounds surrounding the Science Center and Browns Stadium but I'm just not sure that's possible.  I saw a suggestion for Edgewater Beach and even called the Edgewater Yacht Club but they don't hold 200 people, which is what I'm looking at.  I want downtown, outside access, the lake and reasonably priced!  Am I asking too much??!!

Re: Embassy Suites Downtown Cleveland and other venue help!

• derrilynderrilyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at Massimo da Milano's?  They're very reasonable, but I don't think they have outside access.  If you want to be outside, the upper pavilion at Edgewater Park holds up to 200, or you could maybe set up a tent there.
  • edited December 2011
    We got married at the Renaissance Hotel in downtown cleveland.  We had the ceremony and reception there.  It was very nice.  I highly recommend it.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at The Club at Key Center downtown (well the reception part) I am so excited!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sreid62sreid62 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Oh my gosh, it's so good to hear that you are so excited about your venue!  I looked there and it is definitely beautiful...I wasn't able to tell online whether or not there was outside access.  Is there?

• cpauknercpaukner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at the City Club downtown and it's really nice and Micki is amazing. There isn't outside access but the pricing is pretty reasonable.
  • fleapharmdfleapharmd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have not had a great experience with Embassy Suites and I'm just trying to get rooms there and a rehearsal dinner. You may have better luck. My wedding planner has an inside contact, but it shouldn't take all that for you to call me back... if you know what I mean.
    We went with Windows on the River because I'm planning from out of town and needed something more all-inclusive. I think we are getting a good bit for our money and requires less thinking for me. Having the wedding on Friday or Sunday saves about $20 per person including taxes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards