Florida-South Florida
Options

Super Late Reviews

I'm super late with my reviews but I wanted to wait until I got my pictures. Here goes:

Ceremony Venue: Plymouth Congregational Church- expensive but beautiful...you get basically a guest house to get ready in which is really  nice for photos, and in total you get 3 hours. The ceremony itself only lasts half an hour. My only critiques are they are a bit hard to get in contact with, and when we were done they were basically forcing us out of the front area because I guess the next wedding is back to back. But they didn't even let us stand outside in the front of the church. Other than that it was beautiful and our priest was great.

LIMO: Padrino-can't complain. They were a bit pricey compared to the rest but they were the only ones left with antique cars when we booked. The cars are very nice and customer service was great. Arrived early and was very considerate with everything.

Wedding Planner & Florist: Modern Events- Wedding planning was great, she is very nice and thought of everything. Met at my house and she made a layout of everything and was very good with vendor communication. Good prices as well. For the florist part, the flowers were beautiful and she even included some extras for the tables. My only complaint is that the centerpieces were not as I asked, and a bit overpriced for the simple arrangement I got instead of what I asked for. But the main table arrangements were perfect and beautiful. Lasted a long time too.

Videographer: Meinie Smith - I love Meinie's work. Hard to critique the whole package cuz my husband and I are video editors so we asked for the Raw footage to edit ourselves but the footage was great and awesome price. He is more of an up and coming videographer and photographer but he is so young and already so talented!

Photographer: Travis Harris - I have to say his presentation, professionalism and work is amazing. His prices are pretty good compared to most photographers and I loved that he was almost like a friend at the wedding, so we didn't feel like he was just a vendor and we had fun with him. The only thing we were concerned about was that a lot of people were missing from the photos and although I know not everyone will show up, a couple people on the main family (and bride/groom) table were missing the whole reception and they were taking photos all the time at the reception. A few were also a bit weird with the lighting but then the others were amazing. I am also a photographer so I am a tougher critic than most...He was very nice to correct those concerns we had so that was good.

Sweets/Candy Buffet :Party Designs by Telhyi- her sweets are amazing! Everyone loved all the random little treats she made and the way she decorated the table. It was almost a shame to eat them. She makes all kinds and makes A LOT...the table got refilled 3 times and it was not a small table. She was very affordable.

Cake: Ainara Garate - Her cakes were great. The wedding cake was delicious and beautiful. Only problem was a design on it was different than what I asked and I was never notified before hand but the groom cake was so AweSOME that it totally made up for it....both cakes were a big hit and best of all-she is not a cake store like most she is private so her prices are great. I have already used her for several parties and she comes to your house with pretty big samples of each flavor for free and she is so nice too :)

Makeup/Hair: Matthew at Camelot Salon & Spa - Matthew is a genius. He works at the salon but he also works privately and his work is amazing. He does celeb's hair and his makeup is great too. He is so nice and a total perfectionist. I have had him as a stylist for almost 10 years and he will not let you leave unsatisfied. He once redid my dye job another stylist did on me the same visit cuz he said it wasn't right...love him!

Makeup 2: Denise Avina - I also had her help with my bridesmaids makeup and she is a great makeup artist. And she is quick too and very nice to everyone!

Catering: Paella Tropical - I have to stay we had a love hate relationship with this company. Their prices are GREAT. They seem a bit cheap looking at first online etc but the website doesn't do it justice because they catered and provided the tables, linens etc and it looked super high quality and the food was delicious. It looks more expensive than it is. The only problem was they changed management in the middle of our planning so we had issues with what we had been promised by the first people and there were things we had to add which we thought should be included-for example they made us pay extra so they would pick u the tables after the event the next day instead of at the end of the event...ridiculous to make people get off the tables so they can pick up?? but if you are very specific with them they are a great deal. They let us go see one of their weddings to see an example as well.

Musicians: Luis Denis - if you love the Gypsy Kings, you WILL LOVE HIM!!!! I swear he sounds JUST like them, he plays at a restaurant in Sobe too so if he's available for weddings still you can even see him play. He also comes with a great flamenco dancer so we felt like we were in Spain :).

DJ: DJ Connection - this company, we were definetely disappointed with...I entered a contest with them and they were so nice and helpful up to after they got us to sign a contract for a DJ...we won some uplighting and when we went to their office to receive our free booking they spent like an hour forcing their DJ information down our throats and didn't even mention what we won until we asked when they finally stopped talking...then when they came to see the house to see how the lights would be set up, they were rude to my husband and they were trying to pull something on us-they were companing about having to come before the wedding to set up the lights and then the DJ later-when originally we werent even using them for DJs...we ended up giving in and they had to set up the lights during the reception...they were also very bad at communication. Also the DJ that actually came didn't even have our online song list and info that was one of the things we liked about them...he had no idea so he had to wing it...we were just thankful the DJ they actually sent was great-but the company and customer service was not. Also very disappointing how hard we worked giving them a lot of publicity through the contest and how they treated us afterwards.

EXTRA Flowers- I also have said this before but I got extra flowers and got my family to decorate the house with them...they are insanely cheap and GREAT flowers. Theyre from warehouses in the Doral...and they actually lasted longer than the florists' ones...we spent less than $200 and there were so many roses they started putting some outside int he dirt! lol

Gown: My grandma & her seamstress - I was lucky that my grandma made me my custom dress with the help of her seamstress :)

Tuxes: Mr. Tux - I loved this place. They have great deals with the free groom tux and they have great customer service and help you choose and pick out the tuxes and have great return policies etc.-compared to mens warehouse which we hated! they didnt even let my husband try on the suit he would wear! he had to hope it fit good...and they also wanted us to return the suits the next day vs Mr.Tux who gave us a couple of days I believe. Their prices were also good.

Chiviari Chairs & extra Tables :Event Rentals (Myra) - GREAT!!! Great prices works on your budget and also was the one that recommeneded the wedding planner and some other stuff and always on top of things calling to make sure everything was good.

Tents (need to find the name, ask if you need to) - but they were great service, were the best price and also very great customer service. They didn't rush to take the tent down we even used it the next day for a brunch :)

The rest of the stuff, like guestbook, favors, programs etc were all DIY by MOI and I give myself 5 stars! LOL...

Hope this helps someone, write me if you need anyone's info, I think I got pretty lucky with my vendors!

Re: Super Late Reviews

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards