Ohio-Cleveland

Bachelorette Party Question!

Hey Ladies!

My fiance and I decided to do a joint bach/ette party with both his friends and mine. We thought a weekend in Put 'in Bay would be fun....that way we can do things together and separate. We proposed we would like to do something like this when our best man/MOH asked.......only to get a call a few days later about my MOH snarling that it would cost />100 for just rooms alone. She would prefer to just split a party bus and go downtown....which is more her style than mine. Also this would make it hard because the guys and us would split up most likely.

I'm not sure what a reasonable cost to expect my friends/wedding party to pay for our weekend? And I definitely dont wanna be a brat about it. The guys seem fine with it...since its more of a weekend away/party all in one. I'm sure my friends would find it fun too.....but considering the BM and MOH are doing most the planning......should I just give in and do something that they propose since they are planning/paying....instead of doing our original plan?

What are you guys doing?

Re: Bachelorette Party Question!

• edited December 2011
    We did a Bachelorette weeked in Put-n-Bay when my sister got married. It was a lot of fun, and I would definitely do it again. We stayed at St. Hazard's resort on Middle Bass island. http://www.sthazards.com/

We got a couple villas there and it ended up costing $500 each villa for the entire weekend - we squeezed 10 girls per villa. The first night we hung out at the villa and went to the bar there, the second day we lazed around at the pool and drank at the villa, then headed to South Bass around 5pm. Just remember that you have to consider the costs for food/beverage for the entire weekend, which can add up, plus the ferry fees. Staying at St. Hazard's was a lot cheaper than staying on South Bass, and it's just a 15 minute ferry ride away. 

It's your bachelorette so you should be able to do what YOU want. I would poll the other people in the bridal party to see what they think - don't let your MOH plan something else if you aren't going to enjoy it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards