Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Buy your own liqour for venue

Hello Fellow Knotties!  I am looking at a venue where I would need to bring in my own alcohol.  Anyone know if it's cheaper to buy in Cleveland or to drive to Chicago to buy there?  I have heard Chicago was cheaper in the the past but wanted to see if anyone knows about it now a days.

Re: Buy your own liqour for venue

• Options
    I was recently referred to go to Illinois as well.  I'm originally from there so I'm debating a trip back to my hometown!

My venue, Ridge Manor in Brooklyn, provides MGD & Miller Lite beer and you bring any additional beer and all liquor and wine.  The only other places I know of that are BYOB are Michaud's, St. Michael's Woodside and Pine Lake Trout Club.  I've been to a wedding at St. Michael's and two at Pine Lake Trout Club, both of which were nice.
  • Options
    No idea on how pricing compares for that. We bought local out of convenience. Some beverage sellers allow returns of unopened bottles if you find you bought too much. As for other BYOB venues, the Belarusan American Community Ctr in Strongsville is another. They can even accommodate kegs. We had our reception there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Not sure exactly where you are, but another BYOB location is in Stow called SYB Hall (Stow Youth Baseball).  They throw many large events and many weddings.  Its non profit and proceeds help the teams.  They provide centerpieces and more too.  We didn't end up going with them, but still think it was a great place!

http://www.sybhall.org/

• Options
    When I lived in Chicago in 2010, liquor prices were significantly lower there than they are here.  (I'd guess at least 15% lower.)  Tolls were about $20 each way.  I can't say what the prices are now but with it being that significant of a difference then, I would imagine it's still much cheaper to buy it there.  Plus, a trip to Chicago is always fun!  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards