Ohio-Cleveland

Ideas for hotel welcome bags unique to Cleveland area

My reception is in Aurora, and I am trying to think of unique items to add to my wedding welcome bags that are known to the Cleveland area/ Northeastern Ohio.
All I can think of are Malley's chocolates.  Any other ideas?  Thanks.

Here's what I have so far:
Welcome note
2 small bottles of water with personalized labels
2 Nutragrain bars
Pamphlet for Aurora Premium Outlets to redeem for a coupon book
Will buy some sort of chocolate from Malley's
Small packet of tissues that say various words: love , etc.
Bath and Body works: mini-hand sanitizer and lotion

Now that I type that out maybe it is enough!

Re: Ideas for hotel welcome bags unique to Cleveland area

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shearer's snacks (potato chips, etc) are made in Ohio. Bonne Bell is based in Lakewood, Ohio, maybe a LipSmacker in each bag? Euclid Beach popcorn balls -- I think Marc's still sells them, and other grocery stores may, too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    You could also include a list of tourist attractions/things to do and visit, and a list of your favorite local restaurants.
  • July2012brideJuly2012bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's also Smucker's jellies/jams, maple syrup, some Ohio wine (be sure you like it before you give it away, some are better than others)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I've done a wine tasting with Auburn Twin Oaks winery, in Chagrin Falls. They had good stuff, I'd reccomend them! (And they grow their own grapes here in Ohio). I think there's another winery nearer to Aurora too...

Is it a summer wedding? You could give info about WIldwater Kingdom! Maybe even a coupon, if you called and asked?

You could try contacting the chamber of commerce, sometimes they'll have pamphlets about local stuff do do.

White Knot Visit The Knot! Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I suppose it is not really NEO, more middle OH, but there are always Amish goodies. Things like Trail bologna, local swiss cheese.
    -This is not legal advice- Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPiclarger_image
  • kwilliams117kwilliams117 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Buckeyes- the peanut butter balls
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_ideas-hotel-welcome-bags-unique-cleveland-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:110Discussion:8095b32e-49be-455f-8761-efadb412cab4Post:1a958815-fdff-4732-94fd-501293a8d673">Re: Ideas for hotel welcome bags unique to Cleveland area</a>:
    [QUOTE]Buckeyes- the peanut butter balls
    Posted by kwilliams117[/QUOTE]

Yes! I love these! lol
  • July2012brideJuly2012bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_ideas-hotel-welcome-bags-unique-cleveland-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:110Discussion:8095b32e-49be-455f-8761-efadb412cab4Post:1a958815-fdff-4732-94fd-501293a8d673">Re: Ideas for hotel welcome bags unique to Cleveland area</a>:
    [QUOTE]Buckeyes- the peanut butter balls
    Posted by kwilliams117[/QUOTE]

<div>I thought about suggesting buckeyes, but I always think of Columbus more than Cleveland when I think of buckeyes (but that may be because FI is an OSU alum and I have been brainwashed since childhood to root for the buckeyes)</div><div>
    </div><div>There is also the popcorn shop in Chagrin falls, you might be able to get something cool from there.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Depending on the crowd maybe a sample of the Great Lakes beer?  Like maybe just one to sample.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 228 invited
    image 165 have their party shoes image 63 will be staying home image0 haven't decided
    RSVP Date: September 19th
  • edited December 2011
    We gave out small bottles of Bartman's Ballpark Mustard... and now get requests to bring some back for our friends all the time!    We did Malley's candy bars & the mustard, and then just random snack items, water & a list of area attractions & another set of directions.  If you PM me your e-mail, I can send you the list I made.
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • quinnnicolequinnnicole member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Something that is from the Cleveland area is King Nut in Solon. They sell the peanuts and pretzels to all the airlines, I'm going to get some of these for my guest bags. It's a nice a little snack and its local! :)
  • kaitlyn142kaitlyn142 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a Christmas present from my dad that was "taste of Ohio" when I lived in Los Angeles. It was a Longaberger basket with maple syrup (GOLD in Cali. Seriously, those people do not know maple syrup), trail bologna, Great Lakes beer, some amazing apple butter...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards