Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Ring Bearer Outfits. Help!

Sorry this is long...
FI's 3 nephews, all brothers, are our ring bearers.  At the time of the wedding they will be 7, 5 and almost 3.  Fi and groomsmen are renting khaki suits from tuxedo junction.  Originally talking with FSIL, we said her boys should just wear khaki pants, white button down shirts and I'll probably find matching green ties on etsy for everyone.  The reason for this is #1 Tuxedo Junction's suits will fit the 5 & 7 yr olds but not the 3 yr old.  #2 renting suits for these little boys is very expensive for 1 mom.  Especially when she has baby number 4 on the way!

Here is my Mom's opinion...She thinks I should find them a khaki suit that has just the pants and khaki vest.  Then they can wear a white putton up with matching green tie. (I don't know where to find this suit!) She also thinks I shouldn't care how expensive it is since we asked her if it was ok if all 3 boys were in the wedding. 
Oh another idea my Mom has it to just buy fuschia satin vests for the boys to match the little girls.  Those boys would hate me if I put them in pink!

What do you think they should wear?  Where can I find it?  You can see what everyone else is wearing in my bio.  TIA!!!

Re: Ring Bearer Outfits. Help!

• Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you're correct in considering the ringbearers' parents. It's expensive to outfit 3 kids, especially when you're talking wedding attire, and if they have #4 on the way, they can't really afford to spend the extra cash. IMO, your mom is wrong about not caring how much it costs.

IMO, the kids will look cute/handsome in whatever they wear, even if it's as simple as white shirts w/ tie and khaki pants. I would put my foot down on fuschia for the little boys though. Why not have the girls wear or carry a splash of green (sash and hair bow? ribbon in their flowers?) to coordinate with the boys' ties instead?

With spring outfits in stores soon (if not right now), check out Burlington Coat Factory. They always have a nice selection of childrens dress clothing at good prices.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    crys0124crys0124 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I forgot about Burlington!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards