Florida-South Florida

So Confused for Photography! Help!

So up until about a week ago, I thought I was pretty set on who I wanted to use for photography, and now for some reason that I can't quite pin point, I'm not feeling so great about it.  I still love her pictures, but something feels off, and I can't figure out what it is.  Has this happened to anyone??

Anyway, I started looking for other photogs, and I wanted to get some feedback on some of the ones I'm considering- any input would be helpful!!

Santy Martinez
Roy Llera
Mosaic Studios
Hera Studios
Tony Gajate

Thank you!!!

Re: So Confused for Photography! Help!

• Yes, I did have second thoughts on the first photographer we were considering until we met our wedding photographer. Although I really liked the first photographer's work....the price was nagging me and I believed I could find a photographer as good as her within our budget. Thankfully, we did and love our e-pics :)

Who was the original photographer you were considering??
  • If you aren't happy with the photog you intially chose, then definitely find someone else!

Wish I could help but I'm not familiar with any of those vendors.

If I may, check out www.poirierweddingphotography.com -- they are the best!!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I was thikning about using Claudia Oliver.  I wrote a post the other day asking if anyone had used her.  Her reviews are good, her pictures are good, and she's really nice.  I can't figure out why I'm having second thoughts.  Maybe there are just too many choices!
  • I know what you mean! There are so many photographers in South Florida to choose from. Claudia Oliver was a photographer whose work I liked but my FI wasn't too crazy about her pictures. It was hard for both us to find a photographer whose work we both liked until we met our photographer. She was pretty much the only one who we didn't have any issues with and simply loved everything from her work to her personality.

My suggestion to you is that if you are having second doubts about this photographer then continue looking. Don't stress because you will find the right photographer to capture your wedding. I'm sure you know what style of photography you would like and the type of photographer you want to work with.

I'm sure any of us will offer your recommendations on potential photographers if you need them.
  • I second Poirier Photography! It doesn't get better than them!!!! 

Good luck with whatever you choose. :)
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Changed my username, but just wanted to say thanks for the advice, which I think is spot on.  We need to be totally happy with who we pick.  Unforunately, I live in New York so I don't get to meet these people in person, but I had a phone consult with Santy Martinez and I loved talking to him and felt totally comfortable.  I think he's the one based on his pics, personality and  pricing.  Feeling MUCH better about this!  Thanks again!
  • Never heard of those either but I def third Poirier Photography!!! They are an amazing couple :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_so-confused-for-photography-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:a90d8fb8-60df-4b56-878b-3a5f1f5da22aPost:34b5406c-740b-4f1e-b903-e731f45bc4fd">Re: So Confused for Photography! Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Changed my username, but just wanted to say thanks for the advice, which I think is spot on.  We need to be totally happy with who we pick.  Unforunately, I live in New York so I don't get to meet these people in person, but I had a phone consult with Santy Martinez and I loved talking to him and felt totally comfortable.  I think he's the one based on his pics, personality and  pricing.  Feeling MUCH better about this!  Thanks again!
    Posted by Nati131[/QUOTE]

That's awesome news!!! You have to feel totally comfortable with your photographer and click with them. My FI scratched one photographer out because he didn't like her personality and she was the most affordable photographer. If you need any additional recommendations then I will highly recommend my photographer, Gloria Ruth. Her work is amazing, well priced, and a sweetheart. I can send you some of my e-pics so you can see her work. Either way, who ever you pick let us know :) Good luck!
  • Hi ladies- I ended up going with Santy Martinez.  He does really nice work, is a super nice guy, really responsive and affordable.  Can't ask for more than that! Thanks for all your advice :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards