Florida-South Florida

Wedding Inspiration Wednesday

Good morning Ladies! Rehearsal dinners can sometimes be a toss up. So much depends on the brides relationship with her in-laws, and the financial situations of all the parties involved. Some of us will have our rehearsal dinners thrown for us by our in-laws, others by our parents, grandparents or sometimes we may host our own dinner. I think this celebration lends itself a bit to laid-back fun, and themes are a great way to spice up the atmosphere.

You can host a heritage themed shower. For Cubans, everyone dressed in guayaberas, serve pastelitos and mojitos, and let the guests have a take home cigar that says " your name + fiance's name, 24 hours and counting". Argentine families could host a parillada, and have personalized red wine bottles as simple centerpieces. Colombian families could have an assortment of mini dishes as appetizers and aguardiente.

A Country bbq is a great theme because not only is the menu more cost effective but it reall is a laid-back simple celebration.

Everyone loves an excuse to have a margarita, and a fiesta themed rehearsal dinner is a nice change from the typical luau theme. Places like Lime or Cantina Fresh have very affordable catering options or you can DIY some simple appetizers: mini taquitos, guacamole, pico de gallo, even lime flavored cupcakes.

Ultimately the sky is the limit in terms of options for rehearsal dinners, but keeping the mood light and festive will get everyone in the wedding party pumped for your big day :) Happy Planning my friends!
SoFla December Siggy: Our favorite Holiday pic=Christmas 2011, 3 days after we got engaged 7E8C9975-2584-46D6-9348-98F987844629-655-00000022C95C02AF magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers https://apps.facebook.com/Disney-Weddings/sites/theprincessandthegator

Re: Wedding Inspiration Wednesday

• great suggestions!! thank you!!
    image Le Creuset 5qt Oval French Oven in Caribbean Blue Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have been thinking about our RD for a while now and I agree with you, it does lend itself to be a more laid-back atmosphere. We are doing a family-style cookout at FI's parents' home while my dad does the grilling. We all love good food and to eat a lot so thought this would be the best idea.
  • I love BBQ food and I think that's a perfect idea! We're big sports fans and I LOVE wings and blue cheese so ours is at a brewery and it's NCAA football themed lol.my mother in law is super excited about planning it, she' got koozies and everything lol.
    SoFla December Siggy: Our favorite Holiday pic=Christmas 2011, 3 days after we got engaged 7E8C9975-2584-46D6-9348-98F987844629-655-00000022C95C02AF magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
    Free Disney Tickers https://apps.facebook.com/Disney-Weddings/sites/theprincessandthegator
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_wedding-inspiration-wednesday-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:b0f718df-b432-4255-beb4-822a4884f8ffPost:6ec0c5e3-3ecc-4fba-9f8c-fafe92baebfe">Re: Wedding Inspiration Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love BBQ food and I think that's a perfect idea! We're big sports fans and I LOVE wings and blue cheese so ours is at a brewery and it's NCAA football themed lol.my mother in law is super excited about planning it, she' got koozies and everything lol.
    Posted by STBMrsDio[/QUOTE]
    That sounds like so much fun! What brewery did you pick to host your rehersal dinner?
    October Siggy! Love the Groom's Expression! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • It's in Orlando, it's called the Big River Brewery. But they're building a BJ's brewhouse in Kendall now. I originally wanted Orlando Ale House (clearly I'm classy huh?). I wanted something really informal but my FMIL overruled me lol. And we're really excited because our welcome/last night out event will be after at the ESPN restaurant so we'll all be in our College Gameday gear. I'm really cheesy lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards