Florida-South Florida

2011 brides- invite question

I have a random question!!

I was writing the text for the invites and normally when one writes the year, they write the word "and" (ex: two thousand and ten)

but for some reason I feel like the word "and" sounds wrong when you are saying 2011 ( two thousand and eleven)

I looked it up and you are supposed to write the "and" in the year, but it still sounds weird to me!!

If any of you have strarted even looking at invites I was wondering what did you think?!?!

Thanx!

Re: 2011 brides- invite question

• Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    it doesn't look weird silly!  its the more proper way, so no one will think anything of it....don't worry!  :D
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not a 2011 bride, but i think the reason why it sounds weird to say "and eleven" is because the word thousand ends in "and". lol.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree that it is proper to insert the "and" before Eleven - It looks correct but sounds weird when you say it aloud.  Honestly I dont think anyone would notice if you left it out and wrote two thousand eleven - write whatever you like better!
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I dont think anyone will notice but its "what youre supposed to do" especially if youre having a formal affair. HONESTLY, i say do what the heck you want...Its YOUR wedding ...lol
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards