Florida-South Florida
Options

Venue Question

Has anyone considered using or attend a wedding at Cauley Square in Homestead, FL?

Thanks Fellow Knotties :)

Happily Ever After began 12.7.2013

Re: Venue Question

• Options
    My FI loved Cauley Sqaure and I thought it was nice but it was way too far for us and it was completely outdoors. We had a church ceremony in the Gables so I knew it would be too far from the hitch which we didn't want. Then was the issue of it being completely outside with no indoor backup plan. I was petrified of it raining on our wedding that I couldn't see how it would be possible to have a wedding there. What I can say is that thy a pretty flexible and are very accommodating which is always good. If you are open to suggestions, check out Pinecrest Gardens. Beautiful gardens used to be Parrot Jungle and it affordable. I have seen beautiful wedding pictures from that location.
  • Options
    My cousin had her wedding there about 2 years ago. The venue in really beautiful, but as Mademoiselle said, it is completely outdoors. It rained the ENTIRE time at the wedding, and the bottom of my cousin's dress was totally full of mud by the end of the night. If you really like the venue, I suggest maybe looking into having your wedding in the dry season. (In the end it may or may not even matter because my cousin got married in Feb, which is usually the dry season. It's south florida, so you never know!) Hope this helps!

photo 4d90b97c-0076-4b13-b3c1-7cddd4d8686b_zps47a19125.jpg
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_venue-question-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:c64970b7-d0d2-436e-89eb-4e3b53e46f7fPost:bdf664c7-1045-43c6-909a-42c55a64e7b6">Re:Venue Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI loved Cauley Sqaure and I thought it was nice but it was way too far for us and it was completely outdoors. We had a church ceremony in the Gables so I knew it would be too far from the hitch which we didn't want. Then was the issue of it being completely outside with no indoor backup plan. I was petrified of it raining on our wedding that I couldn't see how it would be possible to have a wedding there.

What I can say is that thy a pretty flexible and are very accommodating which is always good. If you are open to suggestions, check out Pinecrest Gardens. Beautiful gardens used to be Parrot Jungle and it affordable. I have seen beautiful wedding pictures from that location.
    Posted by Mademoiselle D[/QUOTE]

We have an appointment to go take a look at Pincrest Gardens text week :) thanks for the heads up. It's gorgeous but yeah, without a plan B for rain, I'd panic waiting to see if my wedding would be rained out. We're planning on getting married in the gables also, so the distance is a factor also.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_venue-question-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:c64970b7-d0d2-436e-89eb-4e3b53e46f7fPost:58e3da3e-97e6-44b0-9ddc-56e3c73472d7">Re: Venue Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]My cousin had her wedding there about 2 years ago. The venue in really beautiful, but as Mademoiselle said, it is completely outdoors. It rained the ENTIRE time at the wedding, and the bottom of my cousin's dress was totally full of mud by the end of the night. If you really like the venue, I suggest maybe looking into having your wedding in the dry season. (In the end it may or may not even matter because my cousin got married in Feb, which is usually the dry season. It's south florida, so you never know!) Hope this helps!
    Posted by bananapants628[/QUOTE]

Oh no. Yeah, that can't happen lol thank you for your input'! I really appreciate it! :)

• Options
    Distance was a factor for us too since our ceremony was at a church in Coral Gables. Not sure what your budget is but have you looked into the Zen House? It's in the Gables and its outdoors. Also, I would suggest checking out the Curtiss Mansion in Miami Springs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards