Florida-South Florida
Options

Florida honeymoon (Im from Oklahoma)

I thought  I would get some advice from the locals. I need advice on where to stay in Florida? We are wanting a place that has  snorkeling, nice beach, and  night life. The TA i have been talking to suggested the Ft Walton beach areaPanama City or maybe the Keys. Any advice and recommendations regarding those locations as well as others is greatly appreciated. Also hotel recommendations would help too.

thanks in advance

Re: Florida honeymoon (Im from Oklahoma)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There are alot of nice places in Florida (its a big state with lots of beaches lol) You can find a really nice places out in Miami Beach too ..and personally I love Key West to party and theres a lot to do day and night but the beaches are ehhh...
    As far as snorkeling cant help you there I dont snorkel..lol but im sure you can find charter boats almost everywhere :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Destin!!! It is beautiful!!! The sand is white and everything is really nice. The is a resort called Watercolor look it up ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

The Keys have crappy beaches and ok snorkeling... but BEAUTIFUL water.

Jupiter has some nice beaches, but not really much night life...

Why not see if you can go just a little bit farther to the bahamas! Totally different experience and some AMAZING beaches!

Sorry I wasn't too helpful. I will ask my FI... he is a diver!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Nice beaches and night life? Miami. The snorkling might not be awesome, but if you travel about an hour or so north, you could get some awesome manmade reefs!

DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Tess - Your best bet will probably be Miami~ or at least make it your home base - If you guys are renting a car you could take it to the Keys (between 2-3 hour drive say) and hit up some snorkling and diving (which you dont have in Miami) or north to do the same or hit other beaches and night life in Ft. Lauderdale.  It all depends on what you two are looking for.  I personally dont like the beaches in the keys but like to go drink and stuff there~ Miami or Ft. Lauderdale beach, (or Hollywood beach even) are great for a nice hotel, night clubs, bars etc. and sightseeing stuff.  If all you want to do is lounge, sun, drinks snorkle etc. I say head to Marco/Sanibell Island.... GL
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree that there is more to do if you are looking for activities in Miami, but the beaches are not nice in comparison to the beaches in Destin.  Destin has the softest sand you will ever touch and the most beautiful water.

It really depends on what you are going for.  If you are looking to just relax and chill on the beach and the beach is what is important to you, I say go to Destin (I lived there most of my life so i speak from experience).  I definitely recommend Baytowne Wharf as the place to stay.

If you want good night life, decent beaches and lots of fun and things to do then I say go for South Florida-- Miami.

Key West is some awesome fun too and has a very laid back vibe.

Good luck!

Oh and I would definitely stay away from Panama City-- it is way overrated.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards