Florida-South Florida
Options

Fake cake? Vendor Recs needed!

Is anyone else doing a fake (dummy) cake, whether partially or entirely, and serving from sheet cake in the back? I am wanting to do this because I love the look of the 4- and 5-tier cakes, but I also don't want to throw lots of $$$ into my cake.

I need some vendor recs for places that create and/or rent dummy cakes.

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Fake cake? Vendor Recs needed!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to do it but was told by 2 bakeries that Dummy Cakes cost about 2/3 of the price of what it would be all cake....Definitely shop around, I think it could be done!
    South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am thinking about doing this. But I have no recs as I'm not there yet. Sorry! 
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting a 4 tiered wedding cake and the two middle layers are going to be fake. I am not getting a sheet cake. The wedding cake serves 80 with only two real tiers, I only have 80 guests. So that will be plenty, that's why I'm doing two dummy layers. But be careful sometimes even if you get a fake cake or some fake layers it can still be almost as exspensive as getting them real. I'm getting mine from Couture Cakes in Delray.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Couture CAkes
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yup, I have heard the same about dummy cakes costing the same... they say it's because what they charge for is the detailing on the design, not the actual inside which in essence is easy for them to just bake.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Did you try Publix for a cheaper wedding cake?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards