Ohio-Cleveland
Options

buckeye favors

Hi Ohioans,

Does anyone know of any vendors that sell buckeyes as wedding favors in the Cleveland or Akron area?

Thanks!

Re: buckeye favors

• Options
    KellyS01KellyS01 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know about specifically as wedding favors but Harry London's Candy sells them.  They are the ones you see in the stores all the time and they are $3-$4 a bag.  I don't particularly care for theirs though.  A local chocolatier, Waggoner's, in North Canton makes the best chocolate ever and theirs are 100 times better.  If I were doing them though, I'd DIY.  It takes some time, but I've never had any that were better than homemade!!
  • Options
    kaitlyn142kaitlyn142 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Buckeye's are super-easy to DIY. If you use white chocolate, you can dye it to your wedding colors, too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm glad someone posted this because we are going to be doing these for favors.  We bought a sample bag from a company and it turned out awful!  We are considering Waggoner's for them, but also considered doing them DIY.  The thing is...how do you store them?  Like we are having 180 people and were planning on making like 2 per person...that is 360 buckeyes!  Do you freeze them?  And then for actually making them into favors....I was thinking of getting celophane (sp?) and wrapping them and putting a cute tag on them.  Any suggestions would be appreciated here as well.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 228 invited
    image 165 have their party shoes image 63 will be staying home image0 haven't decided
    RSVP Date: September 19th
  • Options
    KellyS01KellyS01 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

You can easily freeze them!  I make a ton of them at Christmas time and freeze them.  I just put them in a rubbermaid container and then when you get them out to thaw, I just put them on the table open and let them warm.  Some places you see on the internet say when you thaw them to do it slowly in the fridge so you don't get condensation, but I've never had that problem.  Good Luck!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good DIY suggestions above. I had a roommate in college that made them all the time and they are pretty easy. My first thought was Malley's Chocolates. I just looked online and didn't see them, but the online catalogue looks really limited compared to what I usually see in the store. I would call them up and ask if they have them, GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Malley's definitely has them.  Aside from homemade, I think they're the best :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am making these for OOT bags! I used to make them as a kid! Very easy and better than store bought!
    Siggy Challenge~Fur Baby~September 2012 Board imageMy Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I am having buckeyes as my favor to the guests. I really want to attach a cute saying but can't think of anything! Only thing I have so far is "To thank you for sharing our special date, enjoy these treats from the buckeye state" - but I'm not happy with it! Any ideas?

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards