Florida-South Florida

I am worried :*(

I gave the ok to La Orquidea Design to do the flowers for the wedding. I was supposed to sign the contract last week, but she called me and told me that her system is down and to do it next week. I have not found much info about this company other than a website that is under construction. The floral designer said hes been a florist for 13 years but I have never heard of him and this concerns me. I am not very trusting and my fear is that he will cash our check and run. :(  I try to calm down a bit but Its just a little voice in me that tells me to not go with them.... What do I do??
South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!

Re: I am worried :*(

• edited December 2011
    How did you find out about them? Honestly you dont seem so sure, so maybe you should trust your instincts. I wish u the best of luck, let us know if you need help finding another flower vendor. (always trust your gut)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I was driving and found them...I fell in love with the sample arrangement that they did for me. It seems like they are reputable, they have a very nicely decorated office and very beautiful pictures but I cant find anything on them online good or bad so I just freaked out that I will give them a check and that when the time comes they wont be in business or something crazy!
    South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!
  • edited December 2011
    I dk.... I think you should trust your instincts. If you can get out of it then go for it. I say don't call or anything. They are reputable if they try to get in contact with you. If anything go with Nellie, I know Beth and someone is going with her. She is very afordable and nice. I was going to go with her but she didn't have my day available. But I working with a "partner" of hers Carol, same prices too =)
    Stephany Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Krysta6Krysta6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you really like and don't want to find someone else ask for some references. But I agree with the other ladies, if you have this fear you should at least check it out before moving forward. Also can you google the personal name of the florist (not just the store name) and see if anything comes up
  • edited December 2011
    Where are they??
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • edited December 2011

I would definitely ask for multiple references.  If you aren't 100% sure, you should check out Natinel Designs.  I am using her, and she has been really great so far.

• edited December 2011
    Did you check sunbiz?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I didnt read all the post so maybe someone already said this but look them up on sunbiz.org (this is wher all the companies if fl are registered...you'l know if its a real company... I wouldnt say that because a company is not on the internet it is not reputable... the comapny i work for has been operating for over 30 years and its one of the oldest doing what it does here in miami and we just got a website this year because we begged our boss because ppl kept saying things like (well if they dont have a website what kind of company is it)...really bugs me LOL
  • edited December 2011
    If you google "La Orquidea Designs" nothing comes up, but if you search "La Orquidea" florist, then there are tons of listings - it's on SW 8th, right?  I couldn't find any listings with reviews, but here is a link that says it was incorporated in 2007: http://www.corporationwiki.com/Florida/Miami/la-orquidea-flowers-gifts-inc-2380039.aspx

If you decide to go with them, can you use a credit card for the deposit, so you have some protection if anywhere were to happen?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MariMac84MariMac84 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Evelyn. Just cause they don't have a website doesn't mean they aren't reputable. Just means they might not be tech savvy enough to run and work a site.

Definitely ask for references and maybe ask them if they have photos of events they've done in the past.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards