Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Spring Valley Golf & Athletic Club... Any reviews?

I am still in search of the perfect reception area and found one that I really liked online. It is Spring Valley Country Club in Elyria, OH. I just went to visit it today though and the owner/guy in charge, Bob, was completely unprepared. He almost seemed drunk and the place was a wreck. He did say that they were remodeling so I'm not sure if that is why it was such a mess or if I should completely count this place out. Besides the mess the place was really pretty and I was hoping that it would end up being the one I chose. Anyone ever been to a wedding or event there or know anything about this Bob guy?... Please help!

Re: Spring Valley Golf & Athletic Club... Any reviews?

• Options
    GabbyBarksGabbyBarks member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2012
    Hey! That is funny you posted this.. because I just had the same type of experience with this place less than a week ago.  Bob told us it was a mess because they are currently closed for the winter months and never cleaned up from the last party (hmm... must have been one wild party).  He rambled a lot... especially about the food.  I was with my mom and fiance and we kept trying to get pricing info but he wouldn't show us a menu - he basically told us that he wanted us to decide on the menu after we give him a $1k deposite.  I'm on a tight budget, so "approx $25/plate" doesn't really cut it for me, i need to know exact prices before I book.

The other concern I had was the renovations he is planning - I don't want to book a beautiful venue and then show up on my wedding day to a construction scene.  He kept saying "it will be completed by the time you get married" but couldn't tell us approximately when it would be done, or even when it would start.  I don't really trust this guy haha. 

Anyway.. I pretty much have ruled Spring Valley out bc of the concerns listed above.  It would be interesting to hear from somebody who did have their reception there. Right now I am leaning towards Springvale Ballroom in North Olmstead - I actually think it is prettier than Spring Valley and is in the same price range.  Good luck with your planning!!
  • Options
    I've only been as a guest and this was a little over a year ago. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was nice, but if they're doing construction that would concern me.
  • Options
    When I was looking for a place last year in the fall (2011) the SAME guy said they were remodeling then too & he seemed pretty drunk.  An aquaintance of mine had her reception there and said it was not a good experience - the actual day was fine, but the planning & communication was awful!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards