Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Looking for dessert ideas / food allergies / CLE :)

Hi All -
Looking for ideas for wedding cake...I can't have diary (lactose intolerant), neither can my future mother-in-law.  Also will have someone with a gluten allergy...but I don't want to force the rest of the crowd to our dietary restrictions.  Having small wedding (approx 15 people) so I feel that cupcakes might be the best route...any ideas of a bakery in CLE that does "normal" baked goods, but is willing/able to work with dietary restrctions? Every place I'm finding in my search is all or nothing with the dairy free goods. 

Any ideas...?

Re: Looking for dessert ideas / food allergies / CLE :)

• Options
    There is a small bakery in Woodmere at the Eaton Shopping Center. It is called Vegan Sweet tooth.  They deal with a lot of allergy stuff.
    I have a gluten allergy and so does my mom.  We are planning on doing a traditional "gluten full" wedding cake, and then a small gluten free cake for me to enjoy :)

Good Luck!

P.S. - Where have you have looked?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    There is a vegan place on Public Square called Ice something...lol I can't think of the name of it, but their cupcakes are outstanding.  Wild Flour Bakery in Westlake does a lot of specialty items as well.
  • Options
    sreid62sreid62 member
    First Anniversary First Comment

We have two people that are lactose intolerant and one with a gluten allergy too, so I'm getting a small two layer cake from a cafe in Solon called the Soup Pot.  It's a restaurant but also makes the lactose, gluten free cakes.  We bought one to test it out and my brother (who's lactose intolerant) loved it!  The cakes are only $20.  So you may have to go somewhere else for your other cake, but you can't beat $20!

• Options
    Thanks for the new ideas! I've heard of vegan sweet tooth, but not of the other places...so might have to go taste test! ;)
  • Options
    My fiance has a dairy allergy as well.  We are scheduling a tasting with About the Cake in Avon.  She does vegan and gluten free cakes, as well as dairy free.  Not sure if you are willing to go out that far, but she does beautiful work! 
  • Options
    Have you heard of Pure Delite of Fairlawn? A bit far, but they are healthy, organic..might be easier to work with allergy options: http://www.puredelitecupcakes.com/

Main St. Cupcakes might have gluten/dairy-free options: http://www.mainstreetcupcakes.com/
    Good luck! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards