Florida-South Florida
Options

DIY possible?

Hello Ladies,

I was going to do a simple orchid plant as centerpieces and then I came across this and really love it! 
I'd want white orchids, white roses at the bottom and in a vase like the one below. 

I'm on a limited budget that I've already stretched so it's likely that I won't be able to get them professionally done (I am going to visit two florist next week just in case). I'm wondering if you ladies think that it is possible to make this a DIY project? Also, do you know were I could find vases like the one above with the roses?

TIA!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: DIY possible?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a professional florist and wanted the exact same centerpieces you posted (top one with orchids) and I was quoted I think $50-$70 each.  I have to double check, will let you know for sure if you're interested.  The estimate is in a "wedding" file folder and I left it at work.  
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's definitely DIY possible, but it looks like it would be a lot of work! I'm having a budget wedding and I'm doing a LOT of DIY (including my centerpieces), but I'd be scared to take that on, mostly because it will have to be done the day before/day of since it's flowers. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_diy-possible?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:d64781d1-8af1-413a-9027-2ab7d61066f9Post:464e98a6-4357-40a2-bd36-3d46bddcd69a">Re: DIY possible?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to a professional florist and wanted the exact same centerpieces you posted (top one with orchids) and I was quoted I think $50-$70 each.  I have to double check, will let you know for sure if you're interested.  The estimate is in a "wedding" file folder and I left it at work.  
    Posted by Bride2BeCat[/QUOTE]

<div>Definitely let me know! I'm definitely looking for less than $50 but would be good to know the florist you went to so I don't waste my time. Thanks!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

If you are good at DIY or know someone that is you could def do it! I know I couldn't! lol and if anything I hope you find an affordable florist who can :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The roses are definately DIY material, but the orchid may be a little tough.

As for the vases, people are constantly selling those.  Keep an eye on the classifieds.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards