Florida-South Florida
Options

How late is too late for Sunday?? Suggestion

Hello Im not sure if any one has ever been to or is having a sunday wedding? Im just wondering how late is too late on a sunday. We opted for a sunday wedding. We figured whoever truyly cared for us and was happy to be there would go regardless of the day. Also  due to many of my FI family and friends (his boys he has know from age 10) are  all from out of town (NYC, San Fran etc)  long story short. Im picking my time for ceremony at the church but there might be a gap. I could have a 2pm ceremony or 4 pm ceremony. I'm just thinking if i have a 4 pm ceremony reception from 500-1000pm maybe? is 10 too late?  but if i have a 2pm ceremony when should reception start? 330 or 4pm until 830-9pm. Its a 15 minute drive from church to reception area. AHHH im so confused I've gone to weddings where they have been a gap and I didnt care but i'd hate for people to start showing up to reception place and people are puttting final touches on the set up. I have until saturday to decide.

any ideas on time frame would be greatly appreciated.

Re: How late is too late for Sunday?? Suggestion

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Im a Sunday bride also and my ceremony starts at 5:00 then cocktail from 5:20 to 6:30 and reception 6:30 to 10:30....I dont think its too late. If people want to leave early, itll be the older people.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a Sunday bride also. (as of 4pm this afternoon-wo ho!) We decided it would be until 10:30. Whoever wants to stay and party, will stay and party.
    Invited: 147 image Attending: 81 image Declined: 22 image Not Yet Replied: 44 image RSVP Date: February 28th March Siggy: 1st picture ever taken together. Ohana's restaurant at Disney's Polynesian Hotel imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Updated 7/7/10 Planning Bio
    image -mich-
  • Options
    Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm a sunday bride also...along with a few other 10.10.10 ladies on here...

our ceremony is at 6:30...cocktail at 7-8 and reception 8-midnight

with our sunday being on a holiday weekend....most of our out-of-town guests are staying over at the hotel for the 3 day weekend, so I'm not too worried about it. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Meeting of the Sunday brides lol.

What Dee said! Plus for Friday weddings, guests have to take Friday off (out of towners, even a Thursday). For Saturday weddings, out of towners and even some local guests take Friday off. So it's always half a work day at least.
  • Options
    Deebride18Deebride18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies :) oh and jennius i was reading some old post and saw an old post subject that u are peruvian,  im peruvian also :)  are you having any peruvian dishes my friends love ceviche and are asking me about it for  cocktail hour lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    NO WAY! Yes! I want a station for the cocktail hour (ambitious, I know lol)! I'd love a Peruvian dessert bar, too - ah I miss the food SO much. Where from Peru are you?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i was born in lIma my parents are from pucallpa and ica though, yeah my sis went to a wedding and they had ceviche served in shot glasses, she said i should do it im going to talk to my caterer if her cook would know how to do it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was born in Lima, too - parents too lol. I've heard of ceviche passed around in martini glasses, so cute! Definitely try to talk to your caterer, it'd be great if he could manage!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    im also a sunday bride, we are having a 630 ceremony but the reasoning is that if you sign the ketubah(jewish marriage certificate) it has to be in the same day as the jewish calendar...so we have to wait till sundown...but i dont care who stays later or leaves early!!! oh well....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a sunday bride also~ were having a 6:30 ceremony and the reception will go until 11:00~ I'm sure people will leave but most of our friends are night owls so we actually think its kind of early to end it and might plan an afterparty!! I'm sure that you guys will be fine with a 4pm ceremony~ Also take into consideration the time of year and average heat index~ you may not want the whole thing during daylight if its outside and it might be hot etc.... good luck
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're having our ceremony at 3pm then the reception from 5:30-10:30, then we're actually going out to the Hard Rock after the reception with everyone that wants to go (we have alot of oot guests who want to party lol)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually had my wedding on a Sunday and surprisingly we ended up extending the reception an extra hour because everyone was still there partying! The wedding was from 5-11 p.m. HTH =)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies :) talking with FI we have I believe decided on 4 pm ceremony and 5-10 reception.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards