Florida-South Florida

NEW! (..and freaking out!)

Hi! My name is Aimee and my FI's name is Carlos.. We are getting married June 22,2013 at St.Hugh Catholic Church and my reception is the Cruz Building. We want to do a cocktail reception kind of thing with stations instead of a sit down... But apparently that is the more expensive choice... So now I am freaking out a little... Anyone have suggestions for a good catering company who doesn't require me to give away my first born? Has anyone done a reception like this and can give me advice?? I really want like martini mash and things like that.... I met with fancy fiesta and she did not like me or my idea one bit... I had no idea it was going to be this hard to find someone that wants to do the Cruz building (catering wise it's a lot of work apparently because its a 3 floor setup) help! Thanks girls... :)

Re: NEW! (..and freaking out!)

• Congratulations! Try Hugh's Catering. Their food is amazing.
  • Try Exquisite Productions.  The food is very yummy and they are very reasonable!  www.epevent.com
    image 82 Invited
    image 35 are ready to party! image 6 have better things to do image41 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: Dec 19
    image Favorite Registry Item/South FL Board
  • i used to work for a catering company back when i first started in the wedding industry ... i have no idea if they are still around or not, but you can try googling to see ... the name of the company is "catering concepts" ... the chef's name was Howard Hurst. to my knowledge they were pretty decently priced and theyve done a building with 3+ floors ... i did one of those for them, and it was pretty organized. the last i knew, they were located in davie (broward) ... but they do from palm beach all the way to key west.
  • Congrats!!! Trying to keep catering costs down and still have good food is tough but it's totally possible. I don't see why the person from that catering company frowned upon your idea of having heavy appetizers served at your wedding. At the end of the day, it's your wedding not hers and she is rendering a service your are paying for. Do not fear this individual's dislike towards your idea because we have another fellow bride here will be doing the same thing and otherformer brides have recommended to do what you have in mind. Try checking out El Rey del la Paella, let him know Dania sent you :)
  • YA1YA1 member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Try Ralph's Catering... very decently priced.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards