Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Ceremony music—suggestions?

Hi all,

I'm having trouble finding musicians for my wedding–I've already hired a violinist who is a friend of the family, but am not sure how to round it out. Based on advice, I can do either:

**Violinist/cellist
**Violinist/harpist/cellist
**Violinist/pianist/vocalist
**Another combo?

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best combo? I'm trying to keep things cost-effective so that is another consideration. As an FYI, the church is a smallish intimate Catholic church. Would love any referrals or ideas on what worked from your ceremony! Thanks :)

Re: Ceremony music—suggestions?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Violin and cellist would be perfect and most cost effective. Although I love harps, so adding that into the combo would be beautiful and unique. Maybe you should think about the pieces you are going to select, then listen to them on Youtube with the different combos. For example, Canon in D sounds much different with a violin and cello, than with the violin, cello and harp. The professional you hired is your best resource for questions, though :)
  • Options
    Megaphone2752Megaphone2752 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're still looking for musicians you call local colleges (I would recommend Baldwin-Wallace or CIM) they have lists of chamber groups that are available.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Mayfield String Quartet and they were awesome! I had a violinist and a cellist. Not sure if they will work with someone else, though. I would ask your violinist what they think.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards