Florida-South Florida

Overwhelmed!

Hello all. I am newly engaged and have no clue where to start. Fiance and I have chosen to get married in Naples, FL (it will be a destination wedding for us- we live in KS and NE) this winter; specifically around Christmas. It will be a small wedding of about 40 guests. We want to have it on the beach. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Jen

Re: Overwhelmed!

• Naples is a beautiful area.  What's your  budget?  I live 45 minutes away from their beach.
    Susan
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_overwhelmed-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:f736ef78-b7c0-4c6d-8ab5-f885bce35fb5Post:e41ff09e-2899-4403-86ac-459ec0c83a84">Re: Overwhelmed!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Naples is a beautiful area.  What's your  budget?  I live 45 minutes away from their beach. Susan
    Posted by kisskiss30[/QUOTE]
     I think about $10,000
  • Not trying to scare you but you've got less than 4 months to plan! My recommendations: check out the board for Naples and start getting vendor rec's, then visit sites and book ASAP along with all your other vendors.

Christmas-time in FL is always crazy busy. Espeically when planning a wedding (I'm a December 22nd bride!).

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Couple suggestions: there are a ton of different beaches and venues you could work with at that price point and budget in Naples/Ft. Myers. Hop over to the West Coast Florida board, they're going to have a better idea of specifics for you. Most of us on this board are Keys/Miami/Ft. Lauderdale/Palm Beach area, and aren't as familiar with the venues in Naples.
    I lived over there for college, so there are some spectacular beaches and places, I think you'll really love it. I'm not sure, but you might be able to find an all-in-one venue that caters to destination brides- usually they'll offer catering, music, flowers, decor, etc for one per person price point- that should help you in getting your plans made in time for your date. Good Luck!
  • 'Tween Waters Inn ... I think thats the name ... its on Captiva Island ... private beach, and when i was looking into a west coast wedding (beaches are a lot more beautiful & wild dolphins are always visable - at least every time ive gone) it was reasonably priced (this was early 2011)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards