Gothic Weddings

Its one of those days... Help please :)

Alright... its one of those days where my focus is on TOO MANY things in the wedding. An I think my head is gonna explode. Thats what I get for working for 3 weeks and not having time to focus on this as well lol.
So I am trying to narrow it down to the ones I am having the hardest time with. Which is where I may need some advise from you lovely ladies!
My biggest problem I think is the cake...  the wedding theme is Halloween, Tim Burton/Danny Elfman Films I have come up with a thosand ideas of cool fondant shapes and trees or god knows what else... but Im terrified of the cost to do something like that.
So first I was wondering if anyone on here got a crazy designed cake, and around what the cost was?
Otherwise if anyone can think of any unique ideas within that theme that wouldnt be a billion dollars i would love some in put? :)

Re: Its one of those days... Help please :)

• hmm well i think it would be cool to do the cake more simple.. cause most of them are so busy. plus it'd be way cheaper. you could still do a few tiers with the right colors & swirls & stuff to make it nbc-esque lol like maybe tombstones going around the bottom  of the bottom tier, & jacks heads or zeros going around the middle tier, & then just use a jack & sally topper? or have the top tier be that hill that swirls over? or if you want it simpler you could still have tiers with cute stuff on the sides but have no topper & make the top flat & look like that silhouette of them in front of the moon.. lol idk 

there are a bunch of pics if you google them!
  • You could always go with a more traditional wedding cake and find something really neat for a topper, like a Tim Burton movie toy or something like that. I think that would look great, having a simple cake and having an out of the ordinary topper. I hope that helps!
  • Okay, I called my baker to ask her advice....

1. Instead of making everything out of fondant, suggest to your baker that you provide non edible trees, tombstones, etc (check hobby/craft/toy stores for cheap little stuff)

2. Ask for a buttercream frosting that has been "swirled" (a few colors added and mixed together by hand) instead of airbrushing....similar look, way less expensive in most cases

3. Suggest stenciling or hand piping instead of fondant shapes

4. Choose (or bulid)  a really decorative/themed stand to display the cake (my baker has a three foot tall cake stand that looks like a dead gnarled tree that she DIY'ed for $20)or decorate the table, rather than the cake to create the mood you like

Hope that helps!
  • I'll see if i can get a pic of the cake stand
  • hey guys.... sorry i never answered to any of these but they are great suggestions!!!!! An thank u so much for all the input. Im meeting with some bakers and florists today. We will see how things go!
  • What kind of flowers are you having?
  • ...well as of right now I dont know the kinds. An meeting with the few florists I did was actually not helpful in that catogory. All i know is that I want bright bouquettes with Fuschia, Orange, Purple, and Bright Green. Id love for each one to be slightly different flowers but maintaining those colors. So Im actually making another trip to visit with some florists tomorrow. :)
  • il sure that will be beautiful as well. I found an amazing florist that has done some beautiful unique stuff... u should check it out she has some great stuff she did with black feathers

http://www.jenkfloraldesign.com/index2.php?v=v1

go to featured weddings and in the password part type in trish, you may like there stuff
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards