Gothic Weddings

Favorite Wedding Detail?

What is your favorite wedding detail? Where are you drawing your inspiration from?

Re: Favorite Wedding Detail?

• How fun! I didn't even know this board was here! My wedding isn't gothic, but it has a lot of halloween. My favorite detail is my crystal spider hair pin. I don't know many people that would wear one for their wedding, but I love it. My inspiration came from all over, but I really wanted an old mansion feel to it with lots of candles.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Crystal spider hair pin? My jealousy just came out to play. Sounds gorgeous! Show us a pic! My favorite wedidng detail is probably my dress. All along I knew I wasn't going to wear a white dress. And when I saw the one I have, I knew it was the one for me! Either that or my black diamond engagement ring. Not sure which one :PWe are drawing our inspiration from Tim Burton's Corpse Bride and would have done the same even if the ceremony wasn't in October of this year. It's something that fits us both well and is falling together quite nicely! Our parents were against it at first, but after they watched the movie and saw how we are bringing everything together, they jumped on board. It's been fun and exciting!
  • There's a picture in my bio. I love your engagement ring and your theme! FI is very traditional, so he wasn't comfortable with having a theme, but I've been able to incorporate a few things. If I had my way, it would be straight up Bram Stoker's Dracula in an old mansion with candleabras and dark victorian clothes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I wouldn't persay say our theme is Goth, but its Day of the Dead themed and this is the closest board to what our theme is.  So just wanted to introduce myself!! My favorite detail is... our day of the dead bride and groom, and the black feathers in my bouquet.  BTW, I love the idea of the spider hair pin!
  • We are going for "Elegant Halloween" theme. I love so many aspects of our wedding, but my favorite is probably my dress. It is ivory and black/silver stitching over the whole thing. I added a black sash and bought a vintage brooch to go with it. My BMs are in black floor-length dresses with sashes, also got them vintage brooches. We are going tall silver candelabras on half the tables and hollowed out white pumkins with flowers on the other half of the tables. Our invites just came back from the printers and they came out good too. Ok, now I am getting excited again!
  • Oooooooo LaBelle your wedding sounds beautiful!! Especially the white pumpkin centerpeices!!
  • I would like to see this dress :)
  • If I figure out how to post pictures, I will put it up. It is a Sophia Tolli and is from her Fall 2007 collection. It was scary to order it because no picture of it in black exists! And I had them change the material to satin from taffetta. Another cool thing is that it is a corsette back and we swapped the ivory string for black. Yeah, I need to figure out how to post pics!P.S. Sorry about the horrible spelling in my other post! LOL!
  • I'm the most excited about the candy buffet ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards