Gothic Weddings

Poll: Holidays

I personally *hate* the holidays. Thanksgiving & Christmas can eat a d!ck. Except Thanksgiving this year - it's J's 31st bday. Do you like or hate the holidays and why? I'll go into more detail in a bit.

Re: Poll: Holidays

• I agree; the holidays can blow me.  They always turn out mostly the same- too many people in the house and everyone ends up at each other's throats.
  • The only thing I like about the holidays is the newspapers with all of the special ads and papers in them. More then usual. I hate to say it buy previous BF's have screwed me during the holidays and I hate them thanks to those douchers. DH was a jerk last Christmas and I kind of resent him for that which in the end ruined how I look at holidays with him as well.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't hate the holidays. I don't like seeing the annoying people in my family, and I'm fortuante to be in a different state. Thanksgiving is good because I LOVE THE FOOD! Plus, Chris's grandmother doesn't know how many more she'll see because she has cirrhosis of the liver. This year Christmas is going to be pretty small. We are pretty much just buying presents for little Willow. I don't get to see my family this year again, because we're in Washington for the second year in a row. I like Chris's family (thank god they like me too!), and we all get together on Christmas Eve and go out for dinner. Christmas morning we visit Chris's mom's best friend and her (very large) family. They are pretty much family. I love their kids, and everyone who shows up. I love to dress Willow up, and get dressed up myself. I'm looking forward to feeling guilty for being an at-home mom and not having my own money to buy atleast something for Chris. I'll survive though. Stocking stuffers are always fun. :) Now that I've found my gown I'm in high gear to get the vases, candles, candle holders, decorations, my bridal accessories, and ect. stock-piled for the wedding next year. I'm kinda focusing on that. I know you ladies don't like the holidays, but I hope you and your (very lucky) husbands go out and take a walk in the snow (if you have it in your area) or even just enjoy a cup of hot chocolate or something together. That's all that really matters! The little things.....
    Visit Gothic.weddings.com
  • Let me just rephrase that: I'm NOT looking forward to feeling guilty!!!!!
    Visit Gothic.weddings.com
  • We've already had Canadian Thanksgiving and we had sweet and sour meatballs and it was awesome!!! We decided to do/have something different since we had turkey at the wedding. I also love Christmas. Maybe not as much as Halloween but I really like decorating the tree, listening to carols and believe it or not shopping. We have a small crowd now family wise compared to what we used to have when we lived in Newfoundland but it's still fun and I look forward to it every year.
    Photobucket
  • I hate the holidays because the last Thanksgiving/Christmas as a family sucked major donkey balls. My parents seperated at the beginning of Jan 2001 - at the beginning of my final semester of college. During the holidays in 2000 my sister was home from St Louis and I had gotten home from college and it was supposed to be all nice and fun and family - like it had been growing up. It was none of that. And then I found out why a few days after I had returned to school. Since then it has been different. Last year was me & J's first holiday together. We had Thanksgiving at our apartment with his mom and then Christmas morning was at his mom's house. I think we're going to see what we can do to make this year different since Thanksgiving will be J's bday too. I dunno. It was so great growing up and then at 21 it turned sh!tty. So I'm trying to turn that all around but I still hate Christmas music.
  • ahhhhh......the holidays..... I like them now that I'm an adult and have kids of my own.  Once I started making my own traditions and not falling into the family trap...i.e. you come to me if you want to see me not me driving x hours to visit you...I don't mind them at all. In the divorce the x gets the kids EVERY holiday so.... Thanks giving will be a few days early with just FI and kids and I...instead of celebrating on Christmas this year FI and I are taking the kids and all the immediate family to have a family Christmas at a local ski resort... I think it makes the holidays more fun than eating, making small talk, ladies in the kitchen, men watching football...I'd rather die thanks... Hope the holidays are better for you ladies this year...
  • I like the holidays. I've always celebrated with my parents separately (my parents have been divorced since I was a baby) so that makes things hard logistically, especially now with FI but we make it work. I could focus on all the negative crap I've seen over the years (the guy who got out of his truck and threatened to beat up a 75 year old woman for taking the last handicapped spot...) but I'm not going to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards