Gothic Weddings

bridal shower ideas...mine...and please share yours!

So I have decided that I can't resist having an Alice in Wonderland inspired bridal shower. My original plan was to have it in a local tea house, but their space is just too small. So I'm hoping to have it at Chris's grandparents house (if they don't sell it first) or I will be looking for a really cute and "gardeny" cafe, restaurant, or something like that.

I just need to figure out the best way to make the color scheme a little darker. I love collecting tea cups and saucers and glass vases and all that pretty stuff, but I would like to display them with black lace and some deep colored flowers. Whatever I can find in the local cutting gardens and florist departments in local supermarkets is what I'll be using. I still want to keep the romantic feel of everything. I also want to decorate with a small budget and probably use the same stuff to dcorate the wedding. I'm thinking little cakes displayed on cake stands, tea, finger sandwiches, a couple salads, fruit and cheese, and maybe we'll also use the chocolate founatin.

There's my ideas....so do you have any suggestions?

What do you want to do for a bridal shower?
Visit Gothic.weddings.com

Re: bridal shower ideas...mine...and please share yours!

• haha really?? same here! but i want more sweeney todd meets alice in wonderland meets marie antoinette lol i've found the best inspiration boards for this!! i'll have to find them so you can see! have you seen the new movie? there are good ideas for everything darker there & it's a good inspiration. i found this dress that's blue that goes from light on top to dark on the bottom and part of it is covered with black lace so i want a similar feel with the table runner & then i think the cover to be lighter. it's so pretty but without being super dark. also i really want to use green since we're not using it in our wedding plus a purple. 
    of course lots of moss like on the dessert table probably with eat me cakes & drink me drinks lol looked at a few places but i thinking about at my moms because there's a really nice area by the trees & it would look really cute. i 'm not sure about a table but we have the best chairs ever for this!! they're all different, & one is super old, & kinda looks like a couch but a throne & blue & grey striped & we'll bring that outside. it's perfect! for flowers i want fiddelheads & baby's breath & possibly something else dark purple & put them in teapots & random vases. did you see those cute candleholders make from teacups? i was also considering a sitting area outside with a real couch & mismatched pillows & thinking of invites with 'let them eat cake' or ones that look like heart playing cards with 'don't be late' stuff & an old key..
    how close to your wedding will you have your shower?
  • I have seen the new Alice movie, and I loved it! I'm going to have the shower next May? I think, maybe June?, and the wedding will be in July if everything works out. Since I'm not having it at the tea house I'm kinda baffled as to what I want the tablescapes to actually look like. I just know I want the eat me and drink me tags, tea pots, cups and saucers, flowers.....and for some reason I am stumped at that. I am an extremely visual person, but I haven't had the full vision yet. Have you been on WeddingByColor.com at all? I've found tons of inspiration on there. If so let me know! I would love to add you to my list of favorite brides. Good to here from you!

Here's some inspiration boards that I've collected, but the major bummer is I lost my favorite one. :( I'm going to try and google search it.

• Oh gosh, I have to show you these too. They're coloring book page print-outs.

• Those are some really great ideas! 

My shower is just going to be a lame, get together at my aunts huge house. We'll probably have games like "make a wedding gown out of toilet paper" and stuff like that. I don't mind though, it'll make my family happy, and I'll still enjoy it, and come home with gifts!  I'm hoping to find at least a few cute games, like a quiz about FI and I or something. My shower will be in May, I wish I could have it sooner, but my aunt lives on a huge hill (it's pretty much a small mountain) and Wisconsin weather is so random, that it could still be snowing and icy anytime before May.
  • My wedding ceremony and reception are AIW-themed, but going more off of the Tom Petty Don't Come Around Here No More music video. I am very excited about it.
  • Is it bad I hadn't reeally though too much on it? I had one for my first marriage not sure if I'm going to have one this time maybe I can abduct a few female family memeber for a fun girls night out...now there's an idea!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you guys ever go to NYC, you MUST go by Alice's Tea Cup. There are now multiple locations... will attempt a link...

AlicesTeaCup.com
    AphroditeJules Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards